Copy and Paste Sharpening Adjastment

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One for Phase One and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 20.x for Mac

Copy and Paste Sharpening Adjastment

Postby Transformational Eye » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Somehow when i make sharpening Adjustment, it doesn't paste it on a different image. I tried the 2 arrows option and the double sided arrow, both didn't work. Any idea ? is it a bug in the latest version ?
Transformational Eye

Re: Copy and Paste Sharpening Adjastment

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Have you enabled "Edit all selected variants"?
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Transformational Eye » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:14 am

it is definitely marked. does it works for you on the new version ?
CO 20 Pro - 13.0.0.186 (97396976)
Transformational Eye

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:40 am

NNN637064106948514630 wrote:it is definitely marked. does it works for you on the new version ?
CO 20 Pro - 13.0.0.186 (97396976)

Yes, no problem here.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:19 pm

Open the Adjustments Clipboard Tool.

Go to the image you wish to copy FROM and select it.

Click on the Copy button in the tool.

What do you see?
SFA

Postby Transformational Eye » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:04 am

SFA wrote:Open the Adjustments Clipboard Tool.

Go to the image you wish to copy FROM and select it.

Click on the Copy button in the tool.

What do you see?

I see all i want to copy marked but it still doesnt transfer all the adjustments. i have a feeling the transition from 12 to 20 created issues in the preferences. its a few tools even if they are marked they dont transfer the information. i still have the CO 12 file and there everything works fine.
Will try to find a way to reset it and restore some preferences i kept
Transformational Eye

Postby Transformational Eye » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:12 am

I found the reason. My user styles from CO 12 i use to apply on my images creates an issue. i wonder if CO can find a way to convert the user styles so i dont need to recreate all the details i perfected so long in my old user styles.

anyone else has this issue ?
Transformational Eye

Postby SFA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:31 am

Transformational Eye wrote:I found the reason. My user styles from CO 12 i use to apply on my images creates an issue. i wonder if CO can find a way to convert the user styles so i dont need to recreate all the details i perfected so long in my old user styles.

I would guess it will only affect some of the tools in some of the styles.

That said if you were using the HDR tool or Noise Reduction, both of which we know have changed, there might be a reason to think some detail might not be entirely compatible but nothing comes to mind for sharpening tool changes.

So, to check understanding, you copy to clipboard, the Clipboard shows that the is an active change to apply for sharpening and then when you apply the clipboard contents nothing happens?

What if you copy the values directly from the Sharpen tool?

Also, are you viewing through Output Proofing facilities? If so, what settings does your active Proofing recipe have for Output Sharpening?

Grant
SFA

Postby Transformational Eye » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:51 am

SFA wrote:
Transformational Eye wrote:I found the reason. My user styles from CO 12 i use to apply on my images creates an issue. i wonder if CO can find a way to convert the user styles so i dont need to recreate all the details i perfected so long in my old user styles.

That said if you were using the HDR tool or Noise Reduction, both of which we know have changed, there might be a reason to think some detail might not be entirely compatible but nothing comes to mind for sharpening tool changes.

So, to check understanding, you copy to clipboard, the Clipboard shows that the is an active change to apply for sharpening and then when you apply the clipboard contents nothing happens?

Also, are you viewing through Output Proofing facilities? If so, what settings does your active Proofing recipe have for Output Sharpening?

Grant

Ok ill clarify it more. After a few tests i see it's not only the sharpening, its a lot of tools, im sure some stuff changed but now i cant find what does work with the pasting. iv noticed kelvin levels and others dont work as well.
A style iv chosen is marked and i set it up on multiple photos, if i try to change values on one of the image and then copy and paste it on others, they just dont get effected. when i remove the style and modify manually the copying works. now i have like 20 adjustments, it doesnt make sense to recreate them all.

i wonder if anyone who worked in 12 and have styles can confirm the old styles still work on 20 ? is it a bug or somehow just on my laptop ...
Transformational Eye

Postby SFA » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:27 pm

Transformational Eye wrote:
SFA wrote:

Grant

Ok ill clarify it more. After a few tests i see it's not only the sharpening, its a lot of tools, im sure some stuff changed but now i cant find what does work with the pasting. iv noticed kelvin levels and others dont work as well.
A style iv chosen is marked and i set it up on multiple photos, if i try to change values on one of the image and then copy and paste it on others, they just dont get effected. when i remove the style and modify manually the copying works. now i have like 20 adjustments, it doesnt make sense to recreate them all.

i wonder if anyone who worked in 12 and have styles can confirm the old styles still work on 20 ? is it a bug or somehow just on my laptop ...

I suspect you have a problem local to your laptop.

Close C1 and try a couple of reboots without opening C1 in between?

That should, hopefully, clear out any random temporary files.

Are you by any chance working with more than one session/catalogue open concurrently?
SFA

Postby NN245802UL » Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:01 am

I have the same problem.
1.- Select a Picture with exposure parameters , HDR values, etc modified
2.- Press copy button (Arrow pointing Right-Top )
3.- Open the Adjustments Clipboard Tool and test all Exposure, HDR parameters, etc are checked
4.- Select destination pictures
5.- Press Paste button (Arrow pointing left-down )

Some values are pasted an others no:
- Copy :curves, crop, composition, White balance
- Not copy: Exposure, HDR, maybe others I have no noticed.

The copy is working well when I copy Individual tools: Exposure, HDR, Curves.

So is a problem when only when using Clipboard Too but ONLY USING OLD CATALOGS.
I have one catalog created for trials and the copy-paste is working well.
NN245802UL

Postby SFA » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:27 am

NN245802UL wrote:- Not copy: Exposure, HDR, maybe others I have no noticed.

The copy is working well when I copy Individual tools: Exposure, HDR, Curves.

So is a problem when only when using Clipboard Too but ONLY USING OLD CATALOGS.
I have one catalog created for trials and the copy-paste is working well.

When you say "Using Old Catalogues" is it safe to assume that the catalogue files must have been updated for them to be open in V20 but you have not run a batch update of the Processing Engine for the files i the catalogue?

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT YOU SHOULD DO THAT BEFORE READING FURTHER.

If the images are still set to us an older processing engine some of the new features may not work as expected because the old engine will not know about them. You may want to check for this effect.

Easy test it to create a NEW variant for an Image (A New variant will use the New engine. A cloned variant would keep the old engine.)

Then copy and paste the settings from the original variant (V12 processing engine?) to the new variant to see what happens.

The original variant should have settings that that will work with the new processing engine although possible with slightly different results - but that is not what the test is about. Here we are just try to establish whether things are copying at all.

If that works, create another NEW variant, Make some edited changes using the tools that appear not to be working. This will be V20 edits made with the V20 engine.

Creat yet another new variant and cut and copy the edits just made to the previous new variant to the latest new variant. They should work completely and be identical.

Once we know what happens in those situations we may be able to work out what is going on.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby NN245802UL » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:07 pm

All mys catalogs are converted to 20 and converted all pictures to Engine 20.
Tried a clon for the origin pictures an withe the target, and the same result.
Some parameters are copied, some othets no.
NN245802UL

Postby SFA » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:18 pm

Time to create a Support Case.

I think we have gone about as far as we can attempting diagnostics through the forum.

Perhaps someone else has seen the problem and worked out what causes it?

Is it Mac only?

Grant
SFA

Postby nvdg » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:46 am

I have the same problem. Just updated to Capture One 20 from Capture One 11. I've upgraded the engine to 20 on my images.

I've been trying to find what causes this, copying and pasting adjustments in all different kinds of ways, with and without first applying styles. And these are just simple contrast and brightness adjustments. The results are really random. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't apply adjustments. And sometimes it even applies adjustments that were copied earlier (so not the last copied adjustments). :shock:

Been using Capture One for years and I've never had this problem. Something weird is definitely going on...

Any ideas?
nvdg

Next

Return to Capture One 20.x Software for Mac