Showing Image adjustments made ina catalog in a session

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Showing Image adjustments made ina catalog in a session

Postby Michael-I » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:23 pm

Up until now, I have only worked with Sessions in Capture One but I have now created a catalog of images from various folders on my Windows PC.
If I make an adjustment to an image in the catalogue, how do I ensure that this adjustment will apply to the image when viewd as a session?
Michael-I

Re: Showing Image adjustments made ina catalog in a session

Postby Ian3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:29 pm

You can't, really. (Or not easily.) You need to regard moving images from a session to a catalog as a one way street. If you import images from a session into a catalog, Capture One can bring the adjustments in with them. But it doesn't keep them in sync after that. Sessions store the adjustment information in sidecar files (the .cos files in subfolders of the image folder). Catalogs also use .cos files but they store them inside the catalog. After you have imported the images into a catalog, it's best to make it a rule never to make any more adjustments to them in the session but only in the catalog.

Ian
Ian3

Re: Showing Image adjustments made ina catalog in a session

Postby Michael-I » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:37 pm

Thanks for the explanation.
Michael-I

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows