Search photos taken a same month of multiples years?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Search photos taken a same month of multiples years?

Postby Pilovar » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:54 am

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to search among all the photos in the catalog, those that have been taken in a given month, regardless of the year. For example, if we have a catalog with 10-year-old photos, those that have been taken in any July of those 10 years. Among the criteria of the advanced search of Capture One, I only see the possibility of looking for a specific month of a specific year, so if I want the months of the 10 years, I should add 10 criteria, one per year, which is somewhat cumbersome.
Pilovar

Re: Search photos taken a same month of multiples years?

Postby SFA » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:56 pm

If you created the month in a specific format that was unique for search purposes and applied it to the file name (for example) that would give you a different way to find the files by month.

Or add the month as a Keyword to the images.

Either of these would make sense for anyone who regularly needs such a search - I suspect that not so many people do need it.

But otherwise the only way I can see is the one you have already identified. - multiple "any" search terms. However you could save the search definitions as presets to make it easier to use them in the future. If you need to have such a search for every month of the year it would be a matter of creating one and then editing it and saving as a new preset.

An annual task (perhaps?) to add the new year and maybe remove an older year would not be a lot of work. However I note that the search allows future dates to be entered so the future could be catered for when creating the definition.

This might be an interesting Enhancement suggestion to put to the Development Team using a Support Case.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows