Is it possible to create a lens profile in Capture One

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Is it possible to create a lens profile in Capture One

Postby AllMediaLab » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:12 pm

Hi,
Is it possible to create a lens profile for my Tokina 24-70mm in Capture One?
And if so how can I achieve it?
I have been looking at LCC, but that seems not easy because you need to take an image with the same shutter speed
as the image you want to work on in Capture One. That makes no sense when you have all different images and different configurations of the camera.
Regards & Thanks,
David
AllMediaLab

Re: Is it possible to create a lens profile in Capture One

Postby ben_US » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi David,
No, it's not possible to create or import a custom lens profile into Capture One. The closest would be to use an existing profile, alter it to your liking, then save it as a preset to apply later on to images.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby C-M-B » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:40 am

AllMediaLab wrote:Hi,
Is it possible to create a lens profile for my Tokina 24-70mm in Capture One?
And if so how can I achieve it?
I have been looking at LCC, but that seems not easy because you need to take an image with the same shutter speed
as the image you want to work on in Capture One. That makes no sense when you have all different images and different configurations of the camera.
Regards & Thanks,
David

If you're using the LCC to remove things like Vignetting or lens color cast, then the shutter speed shouldn'tt change anything. Unless you're introducing sensor color cast with very long exposures or very high ISO values you can use the same LCC for other images - as long as its the same camera, lens, focus setting and aperture the LCC calibration will moest likely do just fine.
C-M-B

Postby AllMediaLab » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:56 pm

Thanks all!
David
AllMediaLab

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows