Tokina AT-X 24-70mm F2.8 PRO FX Missing in Correction!!!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Tokina AT-X 24-70mm F2.8 PRO FX Missing in Correction!!!

Postby AllMediaLab » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi,

Why is the most common and used Tokina lens:
Tokina AT-X 24-70mm F2.8 PRO FX for Canon
Missing in the lens profiles of Capture One 12.
Purchased the lens this morning to discover that Capture One doesn't have the profile of the lens.
Not very amused!

Regards,
David
AllMediaLab

Re: Tokina AT-X 24-70mm F2.8 PRO FX Missing in Correction!!!

Postby SFA » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:55 pm

Presumably not many people have asked for it through the Support Case System.

There is no reason that I can think of that would require Phase to produce a lens profile by the methods they use for every lens that is available. However if you can make a good commercial case for it I am sure they would listen.

How many Photographers have this lens and use it and also have Capture One (or would pay for Capture One if, and only if, this lens was supported?
SFA

Postby AllMediaLab » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:00 pm

Well I was so stupid not to check the available Tokina profiles before I purchased the Tokina lens, because I could not imagine that a Tokina 24-70 (24-70mm is the most common photographers work horse) was not present in the profiles.

But I think speaking about demand and polarity? It works the other way around! For me I already had Capture One 12, but most people who demo the application and find out that the camera profiles of common lens brands are not up to date in Capture One 12 just don't buy the product and find for example DXO labs or other RAW developers and their complaint never reaches this forum or Phase One email support.
AllMediaLab

Postby SFA » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:57 pm

AllMediaLab wrote:But I think speaking about demand and polarity? It works the other way around! For me I already had Capture One 12, but most people who demo the application and find out that the camera profiles of common lens brands are not up to date in Capture One 12 just don't buy the product and find for example DXO labs or other RAW developers and their complaint never reaches this forum or Phase One email support.

If you are very sure of that just send your research to the Phase One team and explain to them how keeping up with all new lens releases from independent lens manufacturers is so important.

You may find they agree with you. Support for independent lens manufacturer lenses has noticeably increased recently. So I would imagine that Phase will be happy to consider any requests they receive. Presumably they also make use of various information sources to find out which hardware is popular enough to make its support a priority.

My guess is that the number of active image editor users who also have significant concerns about lens correction on a lens by lens basis, is relatively small compared to the number of people who make at least some use of an editor. They would most likely be over-represented in a forum like this.

Grant
SFA

Postby AllMediaLab » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:28 am

Hello!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This camera lens is indeed not supported by Capture One as you can check here:

https://www.phaseone.com/supported-cameras

Therefore, I've added your feature request for Tokina AT-X 24-70mm F2.8 PRO FX to our database.

Please keep in mind, that due to our policy we do not comment or give out any information on future products and development.

Best regards,

Victor

Phase One Support

Hi,

Made the request en hope for the best!

Is there any way to put lens profiles in Capture One by your self?

Regards,
David
AllMediaLab

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows