Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe process

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby SFA » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:26 pm

NNN636477652643648348 wrote:
PavelH wrote:Just FYI. I imported your ARW file to C1 Pro v12.1.1.19, edited to get a similar appearance as your jpgs and processed to output sRGB jpg picture of the same dimensions. And ... no sign of purple hairs. So it seems that your issue is not a general bug of the last version.

Pavel


Thank you very much for trying. For me its repeatable on two win10 machines (a PC with intel cpu and amd gpu, and on Surface 4 pro). Actually not just repeatable, but inevitable and unfixable (on my own). That's about it. So, I made a support request to at least let devs know.


Well I have tried with V12.1.1 on my WIn 7 based system with an old and not very powerful NVidia GPU (which may or may not be used depending in the adjustment task).

I have tried The Proof view for all of the (often randomly created test recipes) foro output proofing and I have produced output jpg files at full scale and reduce size/compression with no sign of the purple hair in your example. (Nor did I spot any clear sign of Chromatic Aberration although I noted that C1 automatically applied adjustment for the lens/body/settings anyway.)

I think that without having the edit instruction files that you created to go with the image it would be possible to spend a lot of time experimenting and still not arrive at a conclusion.

It is probably something best left to the C1 Support team at this time since they will likely have had more exposure to other example of the anomaly and much more experience with ARW sourced files than I have.


Good luck. O would be interested to know the answer when you have one.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6973
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby NNN636477652643648348 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:36 pm

The settings does not influence anything for me. Delete everything, clean reinstall of the C1 to the latest build, import one raw file, export with default srgb recipe - I got a picture with unremoved purple fringing. For some reason anti purple fringing just does not get applied on export, on preview it is applied. Do the same with older build (I only have a distributive of 12.0.3.22) - export looks exactly the same as preview with purple fringing never visible.

Again, this guy seems to encounter the same bug:
viewtopic.php?f=76&t=32215
NNN636477652643648348
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby SFA » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:35 pm

NNN636477652643648348 wrote:The settings does not influence anything for me. Delete everything, clean reinstall of the C1 to the latest build, import one raw file, export with default srgb recipe - I got a picture with unremoved purple fringing. For some reason anti purple fringing just does not get applied on export, on preview it is applied. Do the same with older build (I only have a distributive of 12.0.3.22) - export looks exactly the same as preview with purple fringing never visible.

Again, this guy seems to encounter the same bug:
https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic ... 76&t=32215


There is no purple fringing that I can see in the original file, therefore nothing to remove.

If you are seeing Purple Fringing in that sample image BEFORE YOU PROCESS IT then what you see on screen is not the same as what I see on screen even at the edit stage.

The link you provided suggests that the problem, for the other poster, was on his system (or some setting for his system) since re-installation worked. However you told us you have already tried the re-installation without success. So it worked for him but not for you and two people checking your file on their own systems do not have the problem.

If I had the problem I would probably be wonder about Windows updates (if I was using Win 10) and making sure that the OpenCL kernel for the the GPU drive had successfully been regenerated for V12.1 when it was installed. It should be checked and re-created if necessary with every start but on some rare occasions it seems the process can be 'blocked' for some reason or other.

You could probably check that quite quickly by going into the Preferences file and turning OFF Hardware Acceleration for Output. Then retry the output process to see what happens. It might be good to restart C1 as part of such a test.

If that produces no useful information than it may be best to see what the Capture One Support team can suggest.

HTH.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6973
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby NNN636477652643648348 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:21 pm

I captured three screenshots as I was checking/unchecking the Chromatic Aberrations checkbox:

01. about to click checkbox - no purple fringing;
02. just clicked - purple fringing appears immediately after the mouse click;
03. 1 second after click - purple fringing disappears a second after the click.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

The view for 02 is the view which I will get upon export (irrespective of the checkbox and the purple fringing tool).
NNN636477652643648348
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby NNN636477652643648348 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:31 am

SFA wrote:You could probably check that quite quickly by going into the Preferences file and turning OFF Hardware Acceleration for Output. Then retry the output process to see what happens. It might be good to restart C1 as part of such a test.


That's it! I do not know why I haven't tried it right away when you wrote it. Thank you! Without hardware acceleration this bug is gone! I gonna tell it to the support guys, coz all they did was sending me to here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1
NNN636477652643648348
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:47 pm

Re: Anti-chromatic aberrations do no apply for recipe proces

Postby SFA » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:37 pm

NNN636477652643648348 wrote:
SFA wrote:You could probably check that quite quickly by going into the Preferences file and turning OFF Hardware Acceleration for Output. Then retry the output process to see what happens. It might be good to restart C1 as part of such a test.


That's it! I do not know why I haven't tried it right away when you wrote it. Thank you! Without hardware acceleration this bug is gone! I gonna tell it to the support guys, coz all they did was sending me to here: https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1



Ok.

Firstly look at this link

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1

and especially the section "Rebuilding OpenCL kernels on Windows".

New releases of C1 will sometimes need to rebuild the kernel to make the sub-program fully aligned with the host computer's hardware and firmware set up (or after a GPU card change, etc.) and there can be times when this does no happen for some reason. If you are into reading Log files there are some that may indicate whether the expected process has run and what the observed outcome was.

If you delete the contents of the folder (or simply move them somewhere else if deleting worries you), on restarting C1 the Kernel should be rebuilt. This may take a few seconds or a few minutes depending on your machine. Then turn Hardware acceleration back on and see what happens.

If you still have a problem it may be worth looking for any updated drivers for your GPU. You may need to go to the GPU manufacturer's web site for the latest offerings. If you still have the problem AND you think you have the latest driver installed ... then try the previous driver instead. Sometimes new driver releases are not as useful as one would like.


HTH.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6973
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests