"Edit With" Issue

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

"Edit With" Issue

Postby NN155741UL1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:43 am

I am still a relatively new user with Capture One. I am running the latest version on a windows system.

Until recently, I could right click on an image in the browser, select "Edit With", and select Photoshop CC2019 from the popup menu to begin a round trip to Photoshop.

Without consciously changing anything, I no longer have this option. When I select "Edit With" Photoshop CC2019 does not appear as an option. Instead I have to use the "Pick an app" or "Browse" option to track down Photoshop.

Can someone help me restore this functionality to the original state?

Gordon
NN155741UL1

Re: "Edit With" Issue

Postby IanS » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:29 am

NN155741UL1 wrote:I am still a relatively new user with Capture One. I am running the latest version on a windows system.

Until recently, I could right click on an image in the browser, select "Edit With", and select Photoshop CC2019 from the popup menu to begin a round trip to Photoshop.

Without consciously changing anything, I no longer have this option. When I select "Edit With" Photoshop CC2019 does not appear as an option. Instead I have to use the "Pick an app" or "Browse" option to track down Photoshop.

Can someone help me restore this functionality to the original state?

Gordon

Have you checked that PS is included in the Plugins tab of preferences and checked to tell C1Pro to display this option when you right click a file?

If it is not there then you need to use the OS to add it to the plugin list. To do this you use windows file explorer to browse to a file type eg jpg, right click and choose open with PS. After the file has opened in PS you can close PS. Once this is done the PS option should be available in the Plugin preference tab in Preferences.

Ian
IanS

Re: "Edit With" Issue

Postby NN155741UL1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:56 pm

Thank-you so much for that info. That solved the issue.
Gordon
NN155741UL1

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows