Keyboard shortcuts: ESC and Tab combinations

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Keyboard shortcuts: ESC and Tab combinations

Postby uuderzo » Fri May 24, 2019 6:32 am

Hello!

I'm trying to customize a couple commands with Tab or ESC keyboard shortcuts, but looks like it's not possible.
When trying to enter ESC or Tab in the shortcut box, the box exits and doesn't get the keypress (this is common in Windows).
As in a webinar the relator talked about an ESC shortcut to show or hide the viewer, i wanted to replicate on my machine.
But the relator used a Mac, so there must be some difference.
Is there a way to tweak manually the config files maybe?

Umberto
uuderzo

Re: Keyboard shortcuts: ESC and Tab combinations

Postby Ian3 » Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 am

If it was David Grover you saw on the webinar, the key he uses is the § key (the one below the Esc key - at least that's where it is on a Mac). I followed his suggestion and use that one too; the main point is to choose key that you are most unlikely to need for anything else. I think it is inevitable that you can't use the tab key or the Esc key as a customised shortcut. After all, the Esc key normally works so as to be equivalent to Cancel in a dialog box.

Ian
Ian3

Re: Keyboard shortcuts: ESC and Tab combinations

Postby uuderzo » Fri May 24, 2019 9:51 pm

Yes! That was Dave.

I misunderstood his explanation and tought it was using ESC key.
Now i remapped my browser switch to "\" (under ESC) and visualizer switch to "ALT+\" so with a single master key i can switch all three main configurations.

Cool. Thanks!
Umberto
uuderzo

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows