Can't edit JPEGS

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Can't edit JPEGS

Postby NNN636805729870992444 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:38 pm

I am working on a portfolio and my client asked me to add a JPEG photo she took. I add it to the Capture folder. But I can't make any adjustments to it. There is an eye in the bottom of the thumbnail. I did go to preferences and clicked "edit JPEGS and TIFFS. " I can open it in other programs like Affinity - but not in C1. I tried converting to TIFF - same issue with eye showing on the bottom. I had this issue before - and just used Affinity to edit it. It's frustrating. :(
I am on version 12 and Windows 10.
I don't see a way to attach a file for you to look at.
NNN636805729870992444

Re: Can't edit JPEGS

Postby IanS » Mon May 20, 2019 1:42 pm

NNN636805729870992444 wrote:I am working on a portfolio and my client asked me to add a JPEG photo she took. I add it to the Capture folder. But I can't make any adjustments to it. There is an eye in the bottom of the thumbnail. I did go to preferences and clicked "edit JPEGS and TIFFS. " I can open it in other programs like Affinity - but not in C1. I tried converting to TIFF - same issue with eye showing on the bottom. I had this issue before - and just used Affinity to edit it. It's frustrating. :(
I am on version 12 and Windows 10.
I don't see a way to attach a file for you to look at.

Just a thought but check the size of the jpg. I believe C1Pro has a lower limit below which it won't edit.

Ian
IanS

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows