Feature request - GPU Acceleration for preview generation

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: Feature request - GPU Acceleration for preview generatio

Postby C-M-B » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 pm

SFA wrote:20 seconds?

Filtering is similar to using a dynamic smart album - though I think it may be possible that a smart album might shave a few seconds from the start up time.

As an alternative, select all of the images you want to return to just before you elect to close C1 and create a regular (indexed) album rather than a dynamic album.

Close the session/catalogue.

When you next open it is should start from where you last left it - with the newly created and directly linked and indexed album of the specific images you want to see on re-start.

Once you have finessed the process you should be able to save a few seconds every time you open a C1 session or catalogue .

You will have saved developers,testers and documenters untold hours writing code that tries to second guess what a user wishes to do when they open ... something. For some purpose.

HTH.

Grant

Dude, I'm not going to create an album for every kind of image selection for every session.
C-M-B

Postby SFA » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm

C-M-B wrote:
SFA wrote:20 seconds?

Filtering is similar to using a dynamic smart album - though I think it may be possible that a smart album might shave a few seconds from the start up time.

As an alternative, select all of the images you want to return to just before you elect to close C1 and create a regular (indexed) album rather than a dynamic album.

Close the session/catalogue.

When you next open it is should start from where you last left it - with the newly created and directly linked and indexed album of the specific images you want to see on re-start.

Once you have finessed the process you should be able to save a few seconds every time you open a C1 session or catalogue .

You will have saved developers,testers and documenters untold hours writing code that tries to second guess what a user wishes to do when they open ... something. For some purpose.

HTH.

Grant

Dude, I'm not going to create an album for every kind of image selection for every session.

You don't need to - just the one you want to be sure you return to when you next open the session IF you really know that is what you will want.

An instant 'today' solution if you want it.
SFA

Postby C-M-B » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 pm

That's about as much a solution as teaching my computer sign language to move the cursor because the mouse doesn't work any more.
C-M-B

Postby NN634693215876760065UL » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:07 pm

I second this. Offloading to the GPU wherever possible, when possible, would greatly enhance the editing experience. I switched to CaptureOne from Lightroom precisely because of Capture One's performance. Please keep this program fast and ahead of the curve! Thank you.
NN634693215876760065UL

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows