Downloading Capture One 12.x

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Downloading Capture One 12.x

Postby LoyalCustomer » Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:05 pm

Greetings folks.
For several weeks I have attempted to download C1 12.x Express for Sony (as well as the 30-day trial pro for Sony), Windows version, without any success.

These are the URLs for the above mentioned downloads:
https://www.captureone.com/en/download/express-sony
https://www.captureone.com/en/download/pro-sony

All I get when I click on the Windows download icon is a very brief spinning circle (about one second or less), and no download is initiated.
I have now tried dozens of times, using Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Epic, and MS Edge.
Exactly the same results as mentioned.
I have turned off ad blockers, etc. No difference.

By the way, I'm not a computer novice. I have been designing and building desktops for over 25 years.

I had submitted a ticket weeks ago, and all I received was very much an arrogant short reply with the link above (which I had included in my ticket submission to begin with).
My subsequent follow up messages / replies resulted in no reply at all.
Is this a normal Phase One support?

Does anyone know why this download problem is happening? or ..
Is there another direct link to download the above product?
Thanks in advance.
LoyalCustomer

Re: Downloading Capture One 12.x

Postby SFA » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:07 am

You should at some point after you have clicked the download button see a login screen unless you are an existing user already logged in - in which case there is some potential for the system to know what you already have activated.

In a regular download there is no difference in the file delivered for any version. The activation determines in which mode you run the software OR, after 30 days of free trial, the purchased activation key will make that determination.

If you are an existing user (suggested by your forum user name) then it might be assumed that you may already know that.

If not an existing user you may not know that of course.

The links are to specific promotions but the resulting download seems to be the regular download file.

I have no idea why you are seeing a problem - things seem to be working as normal when I try it using Win 7 and Firefox.

I get a fraction of a second of a spinning circle then a new screen and image appears followed very shortly by a regular Windows download pop up.

I don't recall anyone else having reported anything similar - other then the usual server overload on day one of a new release. So, sorry I can't help but it does not seem to be a problem that Phase would be able to do anything about let alone a fellow user.

Grant
SFA

Postby LoyalCustomer » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:18 am

Thank you Grant.
One of the rare cases that leaves me perplexed.
Sadly, P1 is not helping.
LoyalCustomer

Postby SFA » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:45 pm

LoyalCustomer wrote:Thank you Grant.
One of the rare cases that leaves me perplexed.
Sadly, P1 is not helping.

Can you try a different machine?

Or maybe disable any anti-virus software you have running to see if it makes a difference?

Any other suggestions I might have would be so off the wall and likely specific to previous actions that they are probably not even worth attempting to describe here - especially as I have a stack of stuff to do preparing for a trip tomorrow.

Sorry.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows