Deactivation...

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Deactivation...

Postby David92 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:18 pm

When I load CO from my hard drive, if I have not removed the data backup drive from my computer, I use a caddy, CO tells me that it has been deactivated and I have to reactivate. As long as I remember to remove the backup hard drive before loading everything works as it should.

Why is this?

David...
David92

Re: Deactivation...

Postby SFA » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:22 pm

I would hazard a guess that for some reason C1 is being directed to the external drive to find the licence key and fails to find it.

Remove the disk and the lookup reverts to the main (C) drive and all is well.

I have not seen this problem so I cannot be sure about this suggestion helping but it's worth a try.

Go here:

C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Logs

and open the Application.log file in, Notepad or some other simple text editor.

Look for the lines that relate to a system initialisation at start up to see if there is any message that might relate to the problem.

Meanwhile I would suggest creating a Support Case to ask the Support Team what combination of circumstances might cause this sort of problem.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:39 pm

I used to get this a lot back in the day, if I swapped out my external for another to locate some older photos, and I restarted my computer for whatever reason. CO would moan at me that it needed to be registered.
Support supplied me with a possible fix and it worked at the time. I'm not sure if it will still work, I'll look though my support cases and see if I can find it.
Bobtographer

Postby Bobtographer » Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:41 pm

CO Customer Support wrote:When the Registration error has occured in the past it has typiclally been a problem with the computers WMI service.. this was more common on Windows XP, but not so common anymore. See this thread on reapiring WMI in Windows 7: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For ... tallrepair

Nothing has changed within the activation process of the program, but the registration key error indicates that someting on your ocmputer is not happening quite the same. It may be that the WMI failing cause the Esata to affect the unique ID in ways it did not previously and now in turn is preventing activation altogether.

This is what they sent me
Bobtographer

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows