copy settings between devices (Windows)

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

copy settings between devices (Windows)

Postby gebseng1 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:11 am

Dear Forum Users,

Is there a way to copy C1 settings (menus, panels, shortcuts) between devices (Windows 10 PCs)?

best,

geb
gebseng1

Re: copy settings between devices (Windows)

Postby SFA » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:15 pm

Personalisations can be found here:

C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\CaptureOne

Not everything would need to be copied over - the batch processing files for example would not be useful to copy in any case I can think of and settings for earlier versions (if you have any) that do not exist on the other machine are probably not worth the effort of copying although I suppose it is possible that there may be some use for some of the files in specific situations.

The files should be fine copied Windows to Windows. Obviously putting them into the right folders is important.

Some of them may be inappropriate to copy between WIndows and Mac. (Added as information for anyone who might be considering such sharing.)

I'm not sure about exactly what you were thinking of when you mentioned "menus". If it does not seem to be covered by what you can find could you provide some further details?

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: copy settings between devices (Windows)

Postby gebseng1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Perfect, thanks a lot!

geb
gebseng1

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows