Dual Monitor Scaling Issue

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Dual Monitor Scaling Issue

Postby DanDev » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:53 pm

I run a high res laptop (2560 x 1440) and a lower res, larger second monitor (1920 x 1080).
If I run Capture One off the larger monitor - it is scaled too large. The toolbars take up 1/3 of screen. (Yes - I do try and drag them to a better size.)
I had a workaround of changing the display settings to duplicate displays - but with the latest update to Windows 10, that workaround doesn't work anymore.
This is super frustrating. I sent a note to tech support before the holidays and they said that they didn't see that issue when they ran their own tests.
DanDev

Re: Dual Monitor Scaling Issue

Postby IanS » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:46 pm

DanDev wrote:I run a high res laptop (2560 x 1440) and a lower res, larger second monitor (1920 x 1080).
If I run Capture One off the larger monitor - it is scaled too large. The toolbars take up 1/3 of screen. (Yes - I do try and drag them to a better size.)
I had a workaround of changing the display settings to duplicate displays - but with the latest update to Windows 10, that workaround doesn't work anymore.
This is super frustrating. I sent a note to tech support before the holidays and they said that they didn't see that issue when they ran their own tests.

In the Windows System settings what is the scale and layout set to? I have a 2560x1440 monitor and mine is set to the recommended 100%.

Ian
IanS

Re: Dual Monitor Scaling Issue

Postby ClauS » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:40 am

I had an almost identical situation with my Surface Pro 4 (2560x1440) and my 24" HP monitor (1920x1200) which had different scaling settings. I had analyzed the situation here:

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=29623

I wanted to work with a dual monitor setup, but the issue could affect a single monitor either. Indeed I noticed that at opening Capture One sets its interface to the scaling setting of the main display. Is your laptop screen the main one? If this is your case, you could set the external monitor as the main or set the scaling performed by the system, on the override high DPI scaling behavior of the executable file's compatibility properties. The second option should let you move CO from one monitor to the other.
ClauS

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows