How do I remove/delete a session name from library

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

How do I remove/delete a session name from library

Postby AllMediaLab » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:56 pm

Hi,
How do I remove a session name from the library?
Regards & Thanks,
David
AllMediaLab

Re: How do I remove/delete a session name from library

Postby Ian3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:47 pm

If you have a session that you no longer want to use, you can just delete it from your disk using Windows Explorer. It will take time to fall off the list of recent sessions within Capture One. You can completely clear the recent sessions list, but you can't selectively remove items from it.

Ian
Ian3

Postby AllMediaLab » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:03 am

Thanks Ian! Do you happen to know the location?
Strange that there is no delete function build in in the application!
Regards,
David
AllMediaLab

Postby Ian3 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm

The location of what? If you mean where does Capture One store its recent list so that you can hack it, I have no idea.

If you mean how to clear the list completely, then you click on the drop down menu at the top of the Library tool, where the recent sessions and catalogs are listed, and at the very bottom of the list you can choose Clear Menu.

I don't think its that strange that there is no delete function built in. After all, if you compare it with some other application entirely, like Microsoft Word, there is no function within it to delete documents, or to delete items from the recents list, is there? In effect, the sessions and catalogs are Capture One's "documents".

Ian
Ian3

Postby OddS » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:24 pm

AllMediaLab wrote:Do you happen to know the location?

Check folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Phase_One\CaptureOne.exe_StrongName...blabla\
Depending on your installation/upgrade history there may be multiple sub folders. On my PC, subfolder 12.0.2.13 is the current one and in there is a XML-file user.config.

Locate the element:

<RecentlyUsedDocuments>
<internalList>
<string>DRIVE:\PATH\TO\YOUR\2019-01-weddings.cosessiondb</string>
<string>DRIVE:\PATH\TO\YOUR\2019-02-concerts.cosessiondb</string>
<string>DRIVE:\PATH\TO\...</string>
</internalList>
<MaxSize>10</MaxSize>
</RecentlyUsedDocuments>

You may try to remove or add <string>session.cosessiondb</string>. I don't know what happens if you decide to violate MaxSize entries.
--
Odd S.
OddS

Postby AllMediaLab » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:07 am

Thanks for all the replies! So there is no normal way to delete a session name from the library? The only possibility is to remove them all or to dive in to the code of the application? Never seen that before. Use all Adobe apps, Affinity, Sublime Text, Mamp Pro, Cubase, Reaper, Wavelab and do coding my self because I'm a web/app developer.
Regards,
David
AllMediaLab

Postby Ian3 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:05 pm

AllMediaLab wrote:Thanks for all the replies! So there is no normal way to delete a session name from the library? The only possibility is to remove them all or to dive in to the code of the application? Never seen that before. Use all Adobe apps, Affinity, Sublime Text, Mamp Pro, Cubase, Reaper, Wavelab and do coding my self because I'm a web/app developer.
Regards,
David

It's not really a question of deleting it from the Library is it? It's just a question of deleting it from the recent documents list, and it will fall off that with the passage of time anyway. I don't use most of the other apps you mention apart from Affinity, and as far as I can see the recent list in Affinity works the same way - there is no obvious way of removing a single item from it, but you can choose the option Clear Menu at the bottom of their list too.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:21 pm

AllMediaLab wrote:Thanks for all the replies! So there is no normal way to delete a session name from the library?

Can you explain precisely what you want to do. Where in the "library" are you trying to remove the "name".

By "Name" to you mean remove a C1 session database or simply a reference to it that might now be obsolete?

As a Web developer I would assume you know about "Recents" lists so that makes me think people are discussing this with crossed over understandings.

Grant
SFA

Postby AllMediaLab » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:56 pm

Code: Select all
 <DocumentManagerSettings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
                        xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
                        <RecentlyUsedDocuments>
                            <internalList>
                             <string>D:\foto's-Slenaken\Fotoserie uit Slenaken\Fotoserie uit Slenaken.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Tandarts-Alberts-website-items-2018-2019\foto's-2019\Alberts 2019\Alberts 2019.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\WIL-ART\tethering\Wil Art\Wil Art.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Tandarts-Alberts-website-items-2018-2019\foto's-2019\Tandarts Alberts 2019\Tandarts Alberts 2019.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\foto's-Valkenburg\Valkenburg fotosessie\Valkenburg fotosessie.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\foto's-Vaals\Foto's van kasteel Vaalsbroek\Foto's van kasteel Vaalsbroek.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Athene-website-items\food-photography\CaptureOne\Athene Website Foto's 2018\Athene Website Foto's 2018.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Tether-test\Tethering Test\Tethering Test.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Galabau\Foto's-Huis-Tuin\Galabau Resenberger Tuin en Huis\Galabau Resenberger Tuin en Huis.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Dierenwinkel-Gulpen\dierenwinke-fotos\Dierenwinkel Gulpen\Dierenwinkel Gulpen.cosessiondb</string>
                                <string>D:\Ancelina.com\foto's-website\Foto's website Ancelina\Foto's website Ancelina.cosessiondb</string>
                            </internalList>
                            <MaxSize>10</MaxSize>
                        </RecentlyUsedDocuments>
                        <LastOpenDocumentList />
                        <DefaultSessionType>tethered</DefaultSessionType>

Hi,

Thanks for the replies! Special thanks to "ODDS"! I removed the title from sub folder 12.0.2.13 in a text editor and saved it, the title is gone the application works a 100% as expected. This can easily be implemented in the app it's just a matter of deleting the particular string.

The advantage? No confusion with titles that don't represent real living sessions anymore after deleting a session.

Regards,

David
AllMediaLab

Postby IanL » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:55 pm

Some applications remove things from the recent list if you try to use them and the underlying files are gone. I have not tried this with C1 - mainly because I, personally don't give a toss if things I deleted are on the list or not. I would try this:
  1. delete the session
  2. try and access the deleted session from the recent list

Like I said some apps will then remove it from the recent list on its own.
IanL

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows