i have a subject, please

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: i have a subject, please

Postby cdc » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:28 am

I'm not familiar with the Sony version, but you can simultaneously run v11 & v12 of CO pro without problem. The only thing you need to watch out for is if you open a v11 session in v12, the session file will be updated and you can not reopen it in v11 again, not sure if catalogs behave the same way.

I would suggest to only create new sessions/catalogs for the v12 trial until you know you want to use it, or make duplicates/backups of your v11 files so you will always be able to go back and open your sessions/catalog in v11.
cdc

Re: i have a subject, please

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Install V12 in a separate folder.

If you open an existing catalogue or session file in V12 the catalogue or session file (but NOT the file edits) will be upgraded but C1 automatically creates a backup copy in case you need to revert for any reason.

HOWEVER I would always recommend simply creating new catalogues or sessions because it is easy enough to do and I don't think the potential risk of making changes or editing new material in a version you may not immediately switch to makes for a good strategy when it is completely unnecessary.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows