Unable to import from X-T3

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Unable to import from X-T3

Postby NN635466953514927857UL » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:10 pm

C1 E for Fuji. The X-T3 is shown in the Import Images dialog box under the Choose folder . . . pull down, but when clicked on, generates an error:

"Location is not available
X-T3 is not accessible"

Windows PC. Latest version of C1. Latest Fuji firmware. Camera is visible in Windows Explorer and images are in the camera are fully accessible there. Imports into Lightroom Classic CC work fine . . . .

Imports to C1 work fine when I put the card in a reader on the PC . . . .
NN635466953514927857UL

Re: Unable to import from X-T3

Postby OddS » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 am

NN635466953514927857UL wrote:...Camera is visible in Windows Explorer and images are in the camera are fully accessible there.

Windows Explorer has no built in support for tethered shooting. C1 has and probably expects you to send camera operation commands to a tethered camera rather than perform disk-read operations on a USB disk device.

Some cameras support two USB-modes (my older Nikons do, newer don't). If your XT3 can be configured to operate as a USB disk, you could try that to make Windows present the device as a disk to C1 rather than as a tethered camera.
--
Odd S.
OddS

Re: Unable to import from X-T3

Postby David532 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:56 am

OddS wrote:
NN635466953514927857UL wrote:...Camera is visible in Windows Explorer and images are in the camera are fully accessible there.

Windows Explorer has no built in support for tethered shooting. C1 has and probably expects you to send camera operation commands to a tethered camera rather than perform disk-read operations on a USB disk device.

Some cameras support two USB-modes (my older Nikons do, newer don't). If your XT3 can be configured to operate as a USB disk, you could try that to make Windows present the device as a disk to C1 rather than as a tethered camera.

OddS is correct. On my XPro-2 you set up tethering at menu item Set Up/ Connection Setting/PC Connection Mode where you have a choice of USB Card Reader, USB Tether Shooting Auto, USB Tether Shooting Fixed, Wireless Tether Shooting Fixed and USB RAW Conv./Backup Restore.
I am sure there is a similar menu item on the XT3.

Dave
David532

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows