CaptureOne.Win.12.0.1

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: CaptureOne.Win.12.0.1

Postby Jaromir_Safar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:55 pm

SFA wrote:
Jaromir_Safar wrote:I think that if OpenCL worked in CO 12.0.0, then there's no reason not to work in a new version that was released a month later.

Jaromír

Unless the driver update is not all that one would hope it is (which sometimes happens);

or

the new driver is not being used.

Have you been through the process of deleting the old driver build files and allowing C1 to create new ones?

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... nguageid=1

Grant

Yes, I did all the steps:
1. I forbid OpenCL using DONOT_useopencl.reg - CaptureOne version 12.0.1 was started without OpenCL OK
2. I removed all the files from the directory - C:\ProgramData\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore - CaptureOne version 12.0.1 was started without OpenCL OK
3. I enabled OpenCL using useopencl.reg - Then CaptureOne version 12.0.1 always crashes.

I install CaptureOne 12.0.0, including all of the above steps. - CaptureOne version 12.0.0 was started with OpenCL OK.

Jaromír
Jaromir_Safar

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Jaromir_Safar wrote:I think that if OpenCL worked in CO 12.0.0, then there's no reason not to work in a new version that was released a month later.

No offense, but I am afraid I entirely miss the logic behind this reasoning. To reverse the idea: what period would in your opinion qualify for such a change?

Nevertheless, I much appreciate the feedback and I think that more users are helped with crash issues after the 12.0.1 update.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Jaromir_Safar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:

No offense, but I am afraid I entirely miss the logic behind this reasoning. To reverse the idea: what period would in your opinion qualify for such a change?

Nevertheless, I much appreciate the feedback and I think that more users are helped with crash issues after the 12.0.1 update.

Paul, I bought CaptureOne as a new version of 12. This version supports Windows 7® SP1 64-bit (according to release notes).
If the monthly update later does not work properly with the same configuration on my computer, I am disappointed.

Jaromír
Jaromir_Safar

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:12 pm

I can understand disappointment. Win7 SP1 is still supported. This issue seems to be related to GPU acceleration. There could have been changes in 12.0.1, no sure.

Has support asked you to delete C:\ProgramData\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore folder? You could try that. It is the OpenCL kernel. If you delete it, it will generate a new one.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby Jaromir_Safar » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:25 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:I can understand disappointment. Win7 SP1 is still supported. This issue seems to be related to GPU acceleration. There could have been changes in 12.0.1, no sure.

Has support asked you to delete C:\ProgramData\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore folder? You could try that. It is the OpenCL kernel. If you delete it, it will generate a new one.

But I did my steps already described:
2. I removed all the files from the directory:
C:\ProgramData\Phase One\Capture One\ImageCore and CaptureOne version 12.0.1 was started without graphic acceleration (OpenCL) OK.
3. I enabled OpenCL using use opencl.reg and then CaptureOne version 12.0.1 always crashes.

Jaromír
Jaromir_Safar

Postby leinmi » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Useless update. I have reported few bugs in early December 2018 and not one was fixed in this "update". Seems to me that folks in PhaseOne are just sitting on their hands and not fixing bugs reported.
leinmi

Postby David532 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:44 pm

I can't help noticing that most problems (though not all) seem to occur with Windows 7 and 8. Both these are now only supported by Microsoft for security fixes. From the fact that installing Capture One 12.0.1 also results in the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (X64) I assume that Phase are using MS Visual C++ 2017 to compile the application. I am sure that MS have optimised Visual C++ for Win 10 applications. Just a thought :|
David532

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:21 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:

The question is perfectly valid. After all, users are entitled to a working product, aren’t they? Yes, bugs and problems exist in every software. Capture One is not the only one - but blaming users for expecting the bugs to be solved by Phase One is in very bad taste.
Irvin.Gomez

Postby GrahamB3 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:28 pm

David532 wrote:I can't help noticing that most problems (though not all) seem to occur with Windows 7 and 8. Both these are now only supported by Microsoft for security fixes. From the fact that installing Capture One 12.0.1 also results in the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (X64) I assume that Phase are using MS Visual C++ 2017 to compile the application. I am sure that MS have optimised Visual C++ for Win 10 applications. Just a thought :|

Great observation. End of life for Win 7 is January 14, 2020, less than 1 year from today.

I resisted Win 10 for years. I upgraded a Win 7 pro notebook during the free upgrade time, but doggedly hung onto Win 7 pro for my 2 desktops. Doing so prevented me from using the newest versions of some software, (Davinci Resolve ended support for Win 7).

I built a new system in Oct. of '18, and installed Win 10. It's been great. No more software incompatibilities. I've had 0 BSOD's since the first boot. I still prefer Win 7, but as far as performance, there's no comparison. Win 10 is the way to go.

For anyone who refuses to use Win 10, I suggest you move over to Linux, or (heaven forbid), go the Mac route. Win 7 isn't where you want to be in 2019.
AMD Ryzen 2700x, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 1960 6GB, Win10 pro.
GrahamB3

Postby IanS » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:07 pm

GrahamB3 wrote:
David532 wrote:I can't help noticing that most problems (though not all) seem to occur with Windows 7 and 8. Both these are now only supported by Microsoft for security fixes. From the fact that installing Capture One 12.0.1 also results in the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable (X64) I assume that Phase are using MS Visual C++ 2017 to compile the application. I am sure that MS have optimised Visual C++ for Win 10 applications. Just a thought :|

Great observation. End of life for Win 7 is January 14, 2020, less than 1 year from today.

I resisted Win 10 for years. I upgraded a Win 7 pro notebook during the free upgrade time, but doggedly hung onto Win 7 pro for my 2 desktops. Doing so prevented me from using the newest versions of some software, (Davinci Resolve ended support for Win 7).

I built a new system in Oct. of '18, and installed Win 10. It's been great. No more software incompatibilities. I've had 0 BSOD's since the first boot. I still prefer Win 7, but as far as performance, there's no comparison. Win 10 is the way to go.

For anyone who refuses to use Win 10, I suggest you move over to Linux, or (heaven forbid), go the Mac route. Win 7 isn't where you want to be in 2019.

Unfortunately, this situation is all too common. Having watched the same scenario play out since DOS. Win 98SE is the greatest, no Win XP, no Win 7... Some people find change very difficult but it is a personal choice.

Ian
IanS

Postby SFA » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:20 pm

GrahamB3 wrote:

Graham,

You may be right but my system came with Win 7 Pro back when Win 10 was unknown and has been extremely solid since it arrived in 2013 (iirc).

Hopefully by now Win 10 is about as mature as Win 7 was then and MS have grown out of their habit of treating the users as beta testers of alpha software.
SFA

Postby NNN636637684199314126 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Hi,

When I start Capture One 12x the load window starts and then crashes. in the log file that contains the error report has the following:

ColorProfileLoad: failed to acquire color profile [C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\color\wscRGB.cdmp].

This is repeated again and again in the log. I have tried everything from reseting the Color profiles in windows to copying the ones from Capture one. Nothing works. My Capture one 11, never had this issue.

If anyone has any ideas to help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
NNN636637684199314126

Postby SFA » Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:23 pm

Is that profile in the location specified?

As far as I know it is a standard Windows profile installation and has been for years.

If the file can be found at the path specified then that might suggest a permissions issue?

If it is not there that would be a puzzle.

Whether that is a direct or indirect cause of a system crash is another matter.

Grant
SFA

Postby Jaromir_Safar » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:20 pm

Paul_Steunebrink wrote:

I am happy because problems with malfunctioning hardware acceleration, I solved it.
I installed the older driver 416.34 (Release Date 11.10.2018).
Link - https://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/138695
Tips for installing the latest driver that I received from technical support were bad.
Jaromír
Jaromir_Safar

Postby Smiles » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 pm

I'm surprised they couldn't have brought back the "Edit with ..." keyboard shortcut.
Smiles

PreviousNext

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows