Capture One 12 released!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Re: Capture One 12 released!

Postby Ian3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:43 pm

So Irvin, you are not obliged to use Capture One if you don't like the price, and if you think that Photoshop is better anyway. If you prefer Photoshop and Lightroom anyway, why do you feel the need to sound off about the price the rest of us are prepared to pay for Capture One?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:47 pm

Ian3 wrote:So Irvin, you are not obliged to use Capture One if you don't like the price, and if you think that Photoshop is better anyway. If you prefer Photoshop and Lightroom anyway, why do you feel the need to sound off about the price the rest of us are prepared to pay for Capture One?

Ian

It’s simple, Ian: as an adult, paying customer of Capture One, I’m entitled to offer my feedback - good AND bad - so that the developers become aware of possible errors in technical or marketing matters. Customer feedback - good AND bad - is important. Phase One may or may not find value in my feedback, but that’s a different issue - developers can’t possibly accommodate every request, implement every feature or like every opinion.

So, I’m entitled and actually enjoy expressing my views - while respecting the view of others. I’m not bashing the product, I’m not insulting other forum members. I’m acting like an adult, not a fanboy.

And yes, it’s ok to compare the product to the competition when the point being made is that others are offering more value for the money. The comparison is the support evidence behind the opinion.

Does that make sense to you?
Irvin.Gomez

Postby Ian3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:31 pm

It makes sense, but we are just fellow users here, so why complain to us?

Ian
Ian3

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:49 pm

Ian3 wrote:It makes sense, but we are just fellow users here, so why complain to us?

Ian

It’s not a complaint. It’s an opinion - along with yours and everyone’s. It’s ok the to express different opinions, including legitimate criticism when warranted. We are users, not cheerleaders. Customers, not fanboys.

Fair?
Irvin.Gomez

Postby Ian3 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:53 pm

Irvin.Gomez wrote:
Ian3 wrote:It makes sense, but we are just fellow users here, so why complain to us?

Ian

It’s not a complaint. It’s an opinion - along with yours and everyone’s. It’s ok the to express different opinions, including legitimate criticism when warranted. We are users, not cheerleaders. Customers, not fanboys.

Fair?

I suppose so, though it rather moves away from the forum's purpose of users helping each other out on how to use the software.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Irvin.Gomez » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:18 pm

Ian3 wrote:
Irvin.Gomez wrote:

Ian

Fair?

I suppose so, though it rather moves away from the forum's purpose of users helping each other out on how to use the software.

Ian

I think the opposite: diversity of thought, when expressed in a coherent and respectful manner, enriches the forum experience. I love to read both good and bad things about my favorite topics, things and people. I feel it gives me a balanced picture. Lack of information or conflicting opinion distorts reality and stunts intellectual growth - but then again, that’s just my opinion! 😎

PS - just for the record. This is the official forum ‘purpose ’, according to Phase One:

‘Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows‘
Irvin.Gomez

Postby armando_m » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:22 pm

Is there a list of the improvements ?
I see it says UI improvements, but all I have noticed so far is that the menu and things on top moved to the other side of where they were in the previous version.
armando_m

Postby Franz1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:38 pm

NNN637007779630835498 wrote:Thanks for the info.... Can I install it in my HP Laptop 64 bit with windows 10.

I have it running on a 64 Bit HP Win 10 notebook, but you should have 8GB memory or more not to become slow..
Franz1

Postby SFA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:59 pm

Franz1 wrote:
NNN637007779630835498 wrote:Thanks for the info.... Can I install it in my HP Laptop 64 bit with windows 10.

I have it running on a 64 Bit HP Win 10 notebook, but you should have 8GB memory or more not to become slow..

Franz,

The post to which you replied is an unusually ridiculous post with a strange link embedded in it.

I suspect it is not a "real" question.
SFA

Postby Franz1 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:38 pm

SFA wrote:The post to which you replied is an unusually ridiculous post with a strange link embedded in it.

Ok,. sorry, did not see the link on my tablet, was just wondering a bit about the question ...
Franz1

Postby SFA » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 pm

Franz1 wrote:
SFA wrote:The post to which you replied is an unusually ridiculous post with a strange link embedded in it.

Ok,. sorry, did not see the link on my tablet, was just wondering a bit about the question ...

Just didn't want you (or anyone else) to waste too much of your time responding to it.

We see a few on here sometimes. I think it is beneficial to everyone to be able to identify them and avoid wasting time responding. There is certainly no need to apologise! It's not a problem if you respond - just a waste of your time. It's best not to waste that time I think.

Grant
SFA

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows