Keyboard Shortcut for export

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Windows

Keyboard Shortcut for export

Postby NNN636783101154776970 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:27 pm

I'm in the process of testing C1 12 and was wondering if you can assign a keyboard shortcode to exporting a picture to e.g. PS to proceed working on it. The Menu command is available but I can't assign a shortcut to it?!

Cheers, Timo
NNN636783101154776970

Re: Keyboard Shortcut for export

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:41 pm

You can assign a keyboard shortcut to Export > Originals and Export > Variants. Go to Edit > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts. Make sure you create an editable keyboard set first with the plus sign at the top right, as the default set is non-editable.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby SFA » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:51 pm

NNN636783101154776970 wrote:I'm in the process of testing C1 12 and was wondering if you can assign a keyboard shortcode to exporting a picture to e.g. PS to proceed working on it. The Menu command is available but I can't assign a shortcut to it?!

Cheers, Timo

Timo,

Are you coming to V12 from an earlier version of Capture One?

If so and you are using the Open With or Edit with options (I think both of them but I rarely use either so I am not completely sure without doing some research) the initiation of the activity has been shifted to the new Plug-in functionality and although selecting the action from the menu works as before there appears to be no keyboard short cut option at this time.

As the Keyboard short cut editor is also a revised feature it may simply be that the change was missed or simply not planned for the initial release of these two new functions.

I would suggest that you create a Support Case to provide feedback to the Development Team about the importance of this particular functionality for your work flow. I believe others have done so already but the more people creating a case the better the ability of the Team to judge which matters have the greatest level of importance for the active clients.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby NNN636783101154776970 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi Paul & Grant, thanks for your answers.

My main goal was to instantly continue to work on the picture in PS6. So I was trying to access the menu Image>Open with>PS6 but there seems to be no way to assign this menu command to a keyboard shortcut. Disadvantage by using the "Export" option is the additional dialog box that comes up and needs to be edited, at least confirmed - :?
But before initiating a big fuzz I just wanted to make sure it really is not possible (and not me just being stupid)

Cheers, Timo
NNN636783101154776970

Postby NNN636783101154776970 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Just came across another shortcut problem ....
Is there any way to assign a user defined Workspace to a custom keystroke so you can switch between different workspaces with just one keystroke?
Cheers, Timo
NNN636783101154776970

Postby WPNL » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:49 pm

There is:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/minimousemacro/

Or... Join the "controller One" project :-)
Last edited by WPNL on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
WPNL

Postby SFA » Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:08 am

NNN636783101154776970 wrote:Just came across another shortcut problem ....
Is there any way to assign a user defined Workspace to a custom keystroke so you can switch between different workspaces with just one keystroke?
Cheers, Timo

If you have named you personalised workspaces well you can use Windows menu keyboard navigation to get to the name you want ...

Alt-WW(First character of name)

That said I have never worked out a really beneficial reason for wanting to do that regularly with my work flow but I'm always interested to see how others work with their own work flow.

Grant
SFA

Postby Smiles » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:23 am

The option you're looking for ... ie, a shortcut to quickly edit an image (retouch via the "Edit with..." menu selection") in an external program, was REMOVED in V12. Apparently it has something to do with the new plug-in option ... if so, then providing a shortcut entry for THAT would have been nice BEFORE they removed the current functionality. A real inconvenience to me since I'd created a shortcut in the prior version and was using it a lot and now it's gone. Just today I figured out a work-around via a hotkey program ... hopefully they won't figure out a way to disable this also. I'm at a loss as to why they couldn't have just allowed us "users" ... customers ... to decide what we want to create shortcuts for.
Smiles

Postby SFA » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:08 pm

Smiles wrote:The option you're looking for ... ie, a shortcut to quickly edit an image (retouch via the "Edit with..." menu selection") in an external program, was REMOVED in V12. Apparently it has something to do with the new plug-in option ... if so, then providing a shortcut entry for THAT would have been nice BEFORE they removed the current functionality. A real inconvenience to me since I'd created a shortcut in the prior version and was using it a lot and now it's gone. Just today I figured out a work-around via a hotkey program ... hopefully they won't figure out a way to disable this also. I'm at a loss as to why they couldn't have just allowed us "users" ... customers ... to decide what we want to create shortcuts for.

Where there is a technically available solution they do.

Finding a possible solution where one does not immediately exist may take a little longer and how much resource can be allocated to it is pretty much always goung to be based on user demand.

One way to register an interests in a particular feature that is of importance to you personally, and maybe others, is to create a Support Case to describe what you would like to see. Assuming enough people agree with you it is quite likely that something will happen.

There are, sometimes, short periods in the life of all products where certain features and facilities may disappear for a while due to various situations that can arise and the needs of development and product release schedules. Or simply that something will need to be done a different way and is dependent on some other work.

In general, unless it's an operating system thing, this will not stop any existing work flow with existing products. A short lacuna for a new product is hardly the end of the world and does not fit in with your comment " I'm at a loss as to why they couldn't have just allowed us "users" ... customers ... to decide what we want to create shortcuts for."

There are currently 500 potential managed shortcuts available. If you consider that many users will have a completely different world view of what it 'vital' to have as a shortcut, to satisfy everyone for all functions and eliminate statements like the one I have quoted, everything would need to be customisable.

In which case there would be little point in bothering to prepare anything at all - just bundle the tool you have found as part of the product and let people do exactly as they wish. Problem solved. No development overhead. No support costs. Maybe a small price reduction and everyone would be happy.

Does that sound reasonable?

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Windows