Catalogs after upgrade

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Catalogs after upgrade

Postby NNN636156064626068209 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:37 pm

Hi, I bought the upgrade 12.1 for my 10 version.
I thought it would upgrade from my old version, but I had to install a new C1 12.1. Bit disappointed by that, or did I do something wrong?
I had 2 catalogs, and now only one.
And I can't figure out how to restore my catalogs.
Anyone?
NNN636156064626068209

Re: Catalogs after upgrade

Postby ShaneB » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:01 am

NNN636156064626068209 wrote:Hi, I bought the upgrade 12.1 for my 10 version.
I thought it would upgrade from my old version, but I had to install a new C1 12.1. Bit disappointed by that, or did I do something wrong?

I don't understand the issue. C1 updates by users doing an install of a new copy of the program. This approach is common enough in the software industry and IMHO, this is far preferable to patching an existing application.

NNN636156064626068209 wrote:I had 2 catalogs, and now only one.
And I can't figure out how to restore my catalogs.
Anyone?

You say you had two catalogues and now you have one.

If you go to File > Open Recent only one catalogue is showing?

What happens if you go to File > Open? (On my Mac it goes to my Pictures folder.) Can you see more than one C1 catalogue?

If both catalogues aren't in your Pictures folder, have you tried searching for files with the .cocatalog extension on your Mac?

Finally, if none of this works, and assuming you backed up the missing catalogue previously, you could try File > Restore Catalog.
Shane Baker
Perth, Western Australia
ShaneB

Postby NNN636156064626068209 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 am

ShaneB wrote:
I don't understand the issue. C1 updates by users doing an install of a new copy of the program. This approach is common enough in the software industry and IMHO, this is far preferable to patching an existing application.

I get that and makes sense.

ShaneB wrote:You say you had two catalogues and now you have one.

If you go to File > Open Recent only one catalogue is showing?

What happens if you go to File > Open? (On my Mac it goes to my Pictures folder.) Can you see more than one C1 catalogue?

If both catalogues aren't in your Pictures folder, have you tried searching for files with the .cocatalog extension on your Mac?

Finally, if none of this works, and assuming you backed up the missing catalogue previously, you could try File > Restore Catalog.

I see the previous catalogs. No problem there. I expected to have them automatically in my new version.
So I just have to manually import my catalogs in the new version?
NNN636156064626068209

Postby Ian3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am

NNN636156064626068209 wrote:I see the previous catalogs. No problem there. I expected to have them automatically in my new version.
So I just have to manually import my catalogs in the new version?

The catalogs (and sessions) are just "documents" that the program creates and uses. It's like an Excel or Word file. If you update to a new version of Excel, your existing spreadsheets would not be "in" Excel, nor would they initially appear on the recent files list (which would gradually get populated in the new version of the app). But you could open the old spreadsheets with the new version of Excel (and perhaps update them to a new file format). Same with Capture One, really.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac