Naming User Preset

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Naming User Preset

Postby NNN636170056855210506 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:55 pm

Hello,

I am having trouble migrating some of my user presets - the file naming preset to be specific - from one machine to another. I have tried copying over the 'Capture One' preferences folder within /Application Support, however the naming convention that I have saved as a user present does not seem to transfer over. Is this stored somewhere else?? It can't be within the catalogue itself because if I create a new catalogue I still see that preset on the original computer.

Thanks in advance!
NNN636170056855210506

Re: Naming User Preset

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:11 pm

There are many Capture One configuration files in ~/Library/Application Support/Capture One
Try copying those over to your other machine.
Eric Nepean

Postby SFA » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 pm

One of the exceptions to the usual rules perhaps?

While most user defined presets will have their own file somewhere in a folder or shareable location when using Windows the renaming presets are to be found only in the user.config file as far as I can tell.

Capture one will save and re-use this file (per version if multiple version are installed in parallel) and move the values from the previous version to the next with an upgrade on the same machine I'm not sure how that might work copying across 2 or more machines.

I assume the situation will be similar for Macs.

I'm not sure what to suggest here other than to re-create the presets on the new machine and create a Support Case to ask the Support Crew for some guidance.

I doubt that the usage of presets is considered to be a long term "always use the same preset sort of activity and content"for renaming purposes and there may be other technical reasons for not having a separate file. Fast checking of the validity of a preset's tokens for example.

However in terms of what you wish to do with maintaining the same values on more than one machine you might seek suggestions from the C1 team. There may be something that one can do with less effort than recreating.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:42 am

As Grant suggested, the naming presets are stored in the preference file, on both the Mac and Windows versions of Capture One.

I think this is a legacy setting that is in for a fix for better maintenance and control of multiple computers that require the same settings.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software