Single click parameters select

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Single click parameters select

Postby VladimirCZ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:40 am

Dear macOS users,

is it possible in C1 for Mac to select a parameter value, like exposure, etc. with just a single mouse click?

I windows it's a default behavior, but under macOS I have to double-click to get the same effect.

I usually change parameters by their numeric values instead of using sliders and it's quite anoying to do double-click every time.

Thank a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Volodymyr.
VladimirCZ

Re: Single click parameters select

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:54 am

To be honest, I knew that Mac and Windows behaved different in this respect, but was not aware of the difference until I read your post. I had to re-read it a few times by the way before I understood. To summarize, Mac & Windows behave exactly the other way round.

On Windows, clicking in a slider value selects the entire value, and clicking again positions the cursor.
On Mac, clicking in a slider value positions the cursor, and double-clicking selects the entire value.

If you are Windows user and are used to it, the Mac-style is cumbersome. But the other way round can be true as well.

The verdict? You could do a feature request for alignment, aligning one with the other.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Single click parameters select

Postby VladimirCZ » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for the reply! Really appreciate it!

It seems to be a macOS vs Windows philosophy, but I have to try other programs as well to draw a final conclusion.

I any case I might probably just need to adjust to this way of changing parameters or use sliders instead.

Best regards,

Volodymyr.
VladimirCZ

Return to Capture One 12.x Software