Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Postby B.Sadr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 pm

When checking "include existing adjustments" in the Import Images window, nothing changes. Images are imported without any adjustments. I have been using Capture One since version 6 and I never got this to work.

Am I missing something?

The usual process is that I shoot tethered into my session folders and all images have their previous adjustments

If I shoot to my card and import the images into my active capture folder "include existing adjustments" won't do anything
B.Sadr

Re: Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Postby Nature Isme » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Are you importing images that were adjusted in C1 on, say, another computer? If so, did you do either of these:

1. Export the images with adjustments either embedded or as image + adjustments (which saves the adjustment recipes into a "Capture One" folder.

or
2. Import a session or catalog (with images saved in the catalog) into another existing catalog.

If #1, then C1 should import both the exported images AND the Capture One folder contents, assuming that you didn't move the Capture One folder.

If #2, then the adjustments should have been imported with the session.

But if you just tried importing image files, then C1 had no adjustments to import.
Nature Isme

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 pm

B.Sadr wrote:If I shoot to my card and import the images into my active capture folder "include existing adjustments" won't do anything

That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

I use the "include existing adjustments" feature as follows. I always start with my images in sessions. At some stage, once I have mostly finished working on the images, I import the keepers into my catalog from the Selects folder. I check the box to include existing adjustments so that they come to the catalog with the work I have already done to them in the session.\
Ian
Ian3

Postby B.Sadr » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Ian3 wrote:That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

So the "include existing adjustments" means and does nothing when importing from a card

A bit misleading when it's available to be checked
B.Sadr

Postby tenmangu81 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 pm

B.Sadr wrote:
Ian3 wrote:That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

So the "include existing adjustments" means and does nothing when importing from a card

Except if you import OOC jpeg, for instance.
tenmangu81

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 pm

I don’t think it could import OOC jpgs without the adjustments. Don’t they just come as they are? As far as I know it ONLY means existing adjustments that have already been made by C1.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:04 pm

B.Sadr wrote:

Unless you have already opened the card in a "reader" of some sort using C1 and edit the images on the card.

Or if the card has been used to transfer previously edit images - from another computer for example.

What adjustments were you expecting? Something added in camera after exposure?
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 am

B.Sadr wrote:When checking "include existing adjustments" in the Import Images window, nothing changes.

Existing adjustments setting refers to adjustments made with Capture One, in the past.
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software