Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Postby B.Sadr » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:53 pm

When checking "include existing adjustments" in the Import Images window, nothing changes. Images are imported without any adjustments. I have been using Capture One since version 6 and I never got this to work.

Am I missing something?

The usual process is that I shoot tethered into my session folders and all images have their previous adjustments

If I shoot to my card and import the images into my active capture folder "include existing adjustments" won't do anything
B.Sadr

Re: Import Images / "include existing adjustments"

Postby Nature Isme » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:04 pm

Are you importing images that were adjusted in C1 on, say, another computer? If so, did you do either of these:

1. Export the images with adjustments either embedded or as image + adjustments (which saves the adjustment recipes into a "Capture One" folder.

or
2. Import a session or catalog (with images saved in the catalog) into another existing catalog.

If #1, then C1 should import both the exported images AND the Capture One folder contents, assuming that you didn't move the Capture One folder.

If #2, then the adjustments should have been imported with the session.

But if you just tried importing image files, then C1 had no adjustments to import.
Nature Isme

Postby Ian3 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:06 pm

B.Sadr wrote:If I shoot to my card and import the images into my active capture folder "include existing adjustments" won't do anything

That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

I use the "include existing adjustments" feature as follows. I always start with my images in sessions. At some stage, once I have mostly finished working on the images, I import the keepers into my catalog from the Selects folder. I check the box to include existing adjustments so that they come to the catalog with the work I have already done to them in the session.\
Ian
Ian3

Postby B.Sadr » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:18 pm

Ian3 wrote:That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

So the "include existing adjustments" means and does nothing when importing from a card

A bit misleading when it's available to be checked
B.Sadr

Postby tenmangu81 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:31 pm

B.Sadr wrote:
Ian3 wrote:That's right - there are no existing adjustments to import. It means adjustments previously made in Capture One. But if you are importing images from a memory card, you are getting just the unadjusted raw images straight out of camera.

So the "include existing adjustments" means and does nothing when importing from a card

Except if you import OOC jpeg, for instance.
tenmangu81

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:26 pm

I don’t think it could import OOC jpgs without the adjustments. Don’t they just come as they are? As far as I know it ONLY means existing adjustments that have already been made by C1.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:04 pm

B.Sadr wrote:

Unless you have already opened the card in a "reader" of some sort using C1 and edit the images on the card.

Or if the card has been used to transfer previously edit images - from another computer for example.

What adjustments were you expecting? Something added in camera after exposure?
SFA

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:35 am

B.Sadr wrote:When checking "include existing adjustments" in the Import Images window, nothing changes.

Existing adjustments setting refers to adjustments made with Capture One, in the past.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac