Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby NN635412303032341950UL » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:25 pm

https://www.hasselblad.com/phocus-mobile/

Hasselblad made an app for iPad as a tethering station. At this point, why not Phase One make C1P app for iPad?
NN635412303032341950UL
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby NN634953758218750994UL » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:18 pm

An iPad running iOS 13 would make for a great on the go ingest, sort, rate etc device. No need to have major raw editing features but would nice able to work on the odd raw file using an iPad on the go. But having an on the go session catalog would be nice to have on an iPad. Hasselblad Phocus Mobile 2 looks promising for hasselblad users. Here’s hoping capture one can expand the functionality of capture pilot app.

Would also be nice to tether to an iPad as well.
NN634953758218750994UL
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:23 am

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby tenmangu81 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:38 am

Maybe would it be time to suggest this improvement to Phase One through their support page ?
tenmangu81
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:33 pm
Location: Paris, France

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby PSS » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:23 pm

tenmangu81 wrote:Maybe would it be time to suggest this improvement to Phase One through their support page ?

oh, please don't say this is actually necessary!
PSS
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:47 am
Location: LA

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby SFA » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:14 pm

Hmm.

Surely the latest Phase IQ4 backs have Capture One on board don't they?

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Photography ... -Backs/IQ4

Is this a Phocus approach that sets out to provide the same sort of options for (currently) two of the latest Hasselblad cameras if using (currently) a couple of the latest iPads?

I note also they refer to this as Phocus for Mobile 2.

Has anyone any experience of Phocus for Mobile 1?
SFA
 
Posts: 6468
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby PSS » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:02 am

most do not work on phase backs....
iPad tethering is long overdue.....
i wonder if this phocus version requires ios13 with its access to the file system? if not, why on earth does C1 not already have this?
PSS
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:47 am
Location: LA

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby SFA » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:19 pm

PSS wrote:most do not work on phase backs....
iPad tethering is long overdue.....
i wonder if this phocus version requires ios13 with its access to the file system? if not, why on earth does C1 not already have this?


Most do not work with Hasselblad either.

In both cases the implementation of the software is specific to the Imaging system so, at present, have a rather narrow target market segment.
SFA
 
Posts: 6468
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby RafalNowak » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:23 pm

SFA wrote:Hmm.

Surely the latest Phase IQ4 backs have Capture One on board don't they?


Not everybody’s using IQ4 and built in C1 doesn’t give you on the go capabilities to change the sliders. It’s only capable to apply styles which has been available on standalone version. Thus iPadPro C1 version allowing tethered capture and seamless basic RAW processing with option to continue on standalone C1 would be great advantage at least to Mac users.
I hope PhaseOne has this planned and would announce something following iPadOS official release.
RafalNowak
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby NN635412303032341950UL » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 am

So I tried their new app with X1Dii for tethering. You know that X1Dii has 50mp right? It took less than a sec to transfer a file to iPad Pro and it was great. I didnt continuously shot for testing cause X1Dii has a slow FPS so I dont know if it can support like that.

But still, it is very convenient and simple to use. With new iPadOS, you can access the file system. Capture Pilot is seriously not that supportive and quite old. It's time to develop a new app for Capture One Pro.
NN635412303032341950UL
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby Ian3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:12 am

NN635412303032341950UL wrote:So I tried their new app with X1Dii for tethering. You know that X1Dii has 50mp right? It took less than a sec to transfer a file to iPad Pro and it was great. I didnt continuously shot for testing cause X1Dii has a slow FPS so I dont know if it can support like that.

But still, it is very convenient and simple to use. With new iPadOS, you can access the file system. Capture Pilot is seriously not that supportive and quite old. It's time to develop a new app for Capture One Pro.

And how many 50mp files can your iPad store and organise?

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 2651
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby PSS » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:43 pm

Ian3 wrote:
NN635412303032341950UL wrote:So I tried their new app with X1Dii for tethering. You know that X1Dii has 50mp right? It took less than a sec to transfer a file to iPad Pro and it was great. I didnt continuously shot for testing cause X1Dii has a slow FPS so I dont know if it can support like that.

But still, it is very convenient and simple to use. With new iPadOS, you can access the file system. Capture Pilot is seriously not that supportive and quite old. It's time to develop a new app for Capture One Pro.

And how many 50mp files can your iPad store and organise?

Ian

256 or 512 gb should be plenty for what this really is for.....tethered shooting on location, taking on a trip...the point is not to completely ditch the desktop....
PSS
 
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:47 am
Location: LA

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby fatihayoglu » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 am

Not the mentioned the fact that, iPads will be reading and writing external drives just after September. So how many files argument is going to be outdated pretty soon :)
Late 2015 iMac 5K, 4Ghz, 40GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4GB GPU
Nikon D750, 20 f/1.8G, 35 f/2D, 50 f/1.8D, 85 f/1.8D, 24-70 f/2.8E, 70-200 f/2.8G
Leica M10, 35 Summicron, 50 Summilux, 90 Summicron
fatihayoglu
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:57 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby NN635412303032341950UL » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:45 pm

Ian3 wrote:
NN635412303032341950UL wrote:So I tried their new app with X1Dii for tethering. You know that X1Dii has 50mp right? It took less than a sec to transfer a file to iPad Pro and it was great. I didnt continuously shot for testing cause X1Dii has a slow FPS so I dont know if it can support like that.

But still, it is very convenient and simple to use. With new iPadOS, you can access the file system. Capture Pilot is seriously not that supportive and quite old. It's time to develop a new app for Capture One Pro.

And how many 50mp files can your iPad store and organise?

Ian


With the 42mp sensor, I stored 700 RAW files in 64GB of memory card. It's not a problem to store both 50mp and 100mp RAW files.
NN635412303032341950UL
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:45 pm

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby VAD. » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:25 pm

fatihayoglu wrote:Not the mentioned the fact that, iPads will be reading and writing external drives just after September. So how many files argument is going to be outdated pretty soon :)


So what? er
VAD.
 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:29 am

Re: Hasseblald announced Phocus for mobile!!

Postby fatihayoglu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:26 pm

I’m quite sure you can follow the thread.
My response is to a previous post about saying Ipad cannot store and organize many photos as the available space is not that big. And again my response is the fact that this is not a valid point with iOS 13 as padOS will be reading and writing into external drives again meaning if a app is written in a way where it holds the catalogue on a external drive, you can many photos from 50Mpix camera.
Late 2015 iMac 5K, 4Ghz, 40GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 4GB GPU
Nikon D750, 20 f/1.8G, 35 f/2D, 50 f/1.8D, 85 f/1.8D, 24-70 f/2.8E, 70-200 f/2.8G
Leica M10, 35 Summicron, 50 Summilux, 90 Summicron
fatihayoglu
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:57 pm


Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests