Layer styles not in sync with the frame ...

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Layer styles not in sync with the frame ...

Postby Diane 5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:42 pm

Layer Styles added as a layer are not in sync with the frame. Has any body else had this problem? Is there a workaround?
Theres a dark edge at the top and right side of the frame as if the filter doesn't line up with the frame of the picture. This happens on both Full frame & Cropped images. :( This only happens on 12.1 not earlier versions.
Diane 5

Re: Layer styles not in sync with the frame ...

Postby PaoloM » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:15 pm

Hi Diane,

same problem here. The layers don't cover the full frame anymore! Version 12.1 too, using an nVidia GTX 750Ti graphics card.

Also, if you use a brush to try and fill in the top/side of the frame you see the mask being rendered for a little while and then it disappears again.. very frustrating. I've opened a support case, but please let me know if you find anything new about this.

P.S. I've just found out that the "browser" is somehow related to this issue. If I hide the browser (Ctrl+B), then close CO, and open it again and create a new layer, then the layer works as expected. If I re-open the browser and create another layer then this never covers the full frame (leaves either a border on top or on top and right hand side in my case). Makes no difference if I have the browser on the right of the screen or on the bottom.

Cheers.
Paolo.
PaoloM

Postby Diane 5 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:04 pm

Ah Thank you Paolo. I thought I may have had a corrupt download of 12.1 but I re installed and still the same. I also notice some sort of rendering problem for a second near where the edge of the filter is. Hope they bring a fix soon as I use this method a lot and then fade back the filter to the required density. I'm also using Lutify me filters but they have no method of adding the LUT to a layer they just come in 25 50 75 & 100 percent strength.
Diane 5

Postby PaoloM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi Diane,
just as a side note, I posted in the Mac section by mistake. I have the issue on my Windows PC!

I've opened a support case and they got back to me, suggesting to turn off OPEN CL hardware accelleration, but that made no difference to me, also they suggested checking if I had overlays set in the capture tab and I have none... It's really annoying, I rely on layers heavily and now the software is pretty much unusable for me...
PaoloM

Postby PaoloM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:57 pm

I suggest that you report the issue and open a support case as well. They will get back to you fairly quick, and maybe if they see the same issue from different customers on different platforms it's more likely they'll take action to patch it soon enough.
PaoloM

Postby PaoloM » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:52 pm

For what it's worth... if I create a new catalogue the issue does not show! Try it if you have a chance Diane
PaoloM

Postby Diane 5 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:54 am

Hi ... Same here ... I have turned off hardware acceleration and I'm still having the same problem.
I'll open a support case and see if I can get to the bottom of it.
Diane 5

Postby PaoloM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:46 pm

Hi Diane! I had my issue sorted, If I create a new catalogue I see no problem at all, so then I've used the File-->Verify catalogue on my current one, the function found some unspecified issues and after that all went pretty much back to normal.

The borders still act funny if I make a mask visible and use a brush, but now it's just a minor flickering that is visible just whilst brushing, and it does not affect the actual rasterized mask in any way, so I'm ok and the layers are usable again for me, even though not perfect (there's just some oddity going on when the red mask overlay is visible whilst "painting", that's all).
PaoloM

Postby PaoloM » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:51 pm

P.S. The support guys did try hard.... but clearly had no clue, I've sent them videos showing the problem, RAW and JPG files, .EIP files.. the whole shebang.. No luck

I give them credit for pointing me in the right direction though, with the suggestion of trying if a new blank catalogue would make a difference, and it did, but in the end we closed the issue with the classic "we'll report this to R&D" which means "we did not manage to reproduce the problem on our end, so we'll pretend to escalate but the whole thing will be just ignored". I understand that until a problem is repeatable it's sort of impossible to solve it and I'm just a bit frustrated that they could not do it with all the information I have provided. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Cheers,
Paolo.
PaoloM

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac