Bulk delete images

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Bulk delete images

Postby Bob W. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:47 pm

I have transferred a large number of original images in raw format that I exported from an Aperture file into Capture One Pro 12. I have no need for about half of the images. I really do not want to "delete from disk" each image individually. Is there any way to delete the images in bulk.
Bob W.

Re: Bulk delete images

Postby Eric Nepean » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi Bob

To delete bulk images.

If you are in an Album:
  • Select all the images
    Either
    • Right Click on one of the images, and choose Delete from Album
    • From the top menu, choose Images, then one of
      • Delete from Album
      • Move to catalog Trash
      • Delete from Disk
If you are in a Project:
  • Select all the images
    Either
    • Right Click on one of the images, and choose Delete from Project
    • From the top menu, choose Images, then one of
      • Delete from Project
      • Move to catalog Trash
      • Delete from Disk
You may need to turn on "Edit All Selected Variants".

Since you do not want to delete from disk, when you empty the Catalog trash, you have to be careful to choose the option Do not Delete from Disk
Eric Nepean

Postby Reign of Crows » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:10 pm

The "edit selected variants" (instead of "edit primary") is probably what you're looking for (keyboard shortcut command+shift+E). By default there's an icon at the upper right with three rectangles stacked together - when this is orange it means you're doing an action to all of the selected images. Select the images you want to delete and then delete them - either moving to the trash or deleting from the disk (delete from disk directly is control+command+delete).

Getting used to toggling between primary and "all variants" for group actions was a big adjustment in coming from Aperture. Aperture had an intuitive way of knowing what was happening; Capture One is a bit like driving manual in that regard.
Reign of Crows

Postby Bob W. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Thank you. I had checked edit all selected variants, but it was not deleting all of the images. I checked on the icon on the right of the screen and that solved the problem.
Bob W.

Return to Capture One 12.x Software