Capture One and macOS Catalina

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Re: Capture One and macOS Catalina

Postby Ian3 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:25 am

Sansith wrote:Tethering does't work with osx Catalina

Software can't connect to camera

Not surprising since Catalina is still only in beta and Capture One doesn't support Catalina.

Ian
Ian3

Postby NNN636421911387821592 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:25 pm

Ian3 wrote:

Not surprising since Catalina is still only in beta and Capture One doesn't support Catalina.

Ian

Not related to Phase One C1 ... the software works fine under Catalina.
Canon's proprietary utility doesn't connect either.

Apple's Photos app can see the camera, and download the pictures from it, but tethered shooting seems that it's not working at all (tried with adobe software, not working).
C1 is not to blame here. It is 100% on the USB bus on Apple side.
NNN636421911387821592

Postby DAndison » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:39 pm

NNN636421911387821592 wrote:
Ian3 wrote:

Ian

Not related to Phase One C1 ... the software works fine under Catalina.
Canon's proprietary utility doesn't connect either.

Apple's Photos app can see the camera, and download the pictures from it, but tethered shooting seems that it's not working at all (tried with adobe software, not working).
C1 is not to blame here. It is 100% on the USB bus on Apple side.

I've been testing Catalina, iPadIOS 13 with Sidecar etc and C1 was working fairly well, no crashing as yet, same with Photoshop.

I did notice that from time to time the external PCIe hardrive I use would not connect on one of the usb c ports. I reset SMC and it started working again... however, teetering still unavailable in Catalina.

Sidecar works great with C1 and PS, even in wireless mode. Seems to work best when using 5g WiFi network.

Just installing the Adobe LR CC version to see how that works between the devices and see if I can tweak my workflow to use LR for initial processing and output to a C1 session for styles & keywording as LR only supports alphabetical ordering of keywords. I saying for LR as part of my CC package so if I can use it it does mean when C1 applies their annual doubling of the upgrade costs, I can ditch the need to upgrade each time.

Edit...
Just tried connecting a Sony A7riii to LR CC & C1 as Mass Storage and both connected fine. I can't test tethering on the LR Classic as it doesn't support the Sony A7riii cameras but tethering on C1 is definitely broken but as I can't test LR, I'm not able to say whether this is a C1 problem or an issue with Catalina USB C ports.
DAndison

Postby NNN636716716454713226 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:47 pm

My Sony cameras wont connect to Catalina either.
NNN636716716454713226

Postby NNN636421911387821592 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Connecting any camera will work for mass storage but not for tethered shooting.

Something is « broken » due to the changes they made with the drivers. No more system extension it is now part of DriverKit thing.

I suspect that tethering librairies under macos are related to the old system.
Same goes for Wacom tablets, they are not planning to release anything until the final release of macOS Catalina.

A new beta should come pretty quick (already here for iOS and iPados) so let’s hope they’ll fix that.

Anything else works fine with this os update, I haven’t seen any issue with C1 or photoshop for now.
NNN636421911387821592

Postby kevinmonahan » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:35 am

Just updated my Catalina install to beta 5. My Nikon still won't appear in Capture One or Lightroom. It does appear as a storage card in Photos. I want to upgrade to Catalina when it's released so I can get access to some new development features. But I can't give up tethered capture in C1.

BTW, installing Catalina on a separate external drive.
kevinmonahan

Postby kevinmonahan » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 pm

kevinmonahan wrote:Just updated my Catalina install to beta 5. My Nikon still won't appear in Capture One or Lightroom. It does appear as a storage card in Photos. I want to upgrade to Catalina when it's released so I can get access to some new development features. But I can't give up tethered capture in C1.

BTW, installing Catalina on a separate external drive.

I just installed the newly released Catalina beta 6. CO now sees my tethered Nikon D850. No real testing other than to open live view--that works.
kevinmonahan

Postby PSS » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:01 am

Tethered support for Sony A7RIII would be key for me to jump on the beta....so far everything (PS, LR, C1) I really need seems to work just fine with the betas....really want to be able to use sidecar!
PSS

Postby PSS » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Just installed the latest Catalina beta 6 on an external HD, so far everything works fine, tethered capture with sony A7RIII works perfectly....
interestingly it says”No lens information” under Sony ILCE-7RM3 although I am shooting with a Sony lens that is usually identified....other then that it seems just like working in 10.14...
Will have to try ipadOS beta to check out sidecar...
PSS

Previous

Return to Capture One 12.x Software