Layers quantity suggestion + improvements

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Layers quantity suggestion + improvements

Postby P.Joannes » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:34 am

I am on a workflow here that got me stuck with the quantity limitation of 16 layers only.

Since Layers was integrated to CO1 I've been doing less and less calibration work in PS, almost none, leaving the massive work to it. I feel very comfortable with the results Refine Mask gives me.

With my workflow adjusted to co1 plataform, I started to leave different layers for specific corrections as a contract, wb etc.

Just as an example, I was doing a beauty work, changing hair colour etc - had to enhance some hues in jewelry and fabric, plus background, gradient adjustment from the sides... and just reached the limit, I missed 2 more layers to finish it entirely on CO1.

I would be great if we could increase the number of layers, as well more options that would make it work more flexible like duplicating single layers (with the adjustments) within the panel, the option to copy a single layer to another image (if I want to colour grading for example) or even combining layers if possible.

Cheers, Phill.
P.Joannes

Re: Layers quantity suggestion + improvements

Postby SFA » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:05 pm

P.Joannes wrote:I am on a workflow here that got me stuck with the quantity limitation of 16 layers only.

Since Layers was integrated to CO1 I've been doing less and less calibration work in PS, almost none, leaving the massive work to it. I feel very comfortable with the results Refine Mask gives me.

With my workflow adjusted to co1 plataform, I started to leave different layers for specific corrections as a contract, wb etc.

Just as an example, I was doing a beauty work, changing hair colour etc - had to enhance some hues in jewelry and fabric, plus background, gradient adjustment from the sides... and just reached the limit, I missed 2 more layers to finish it entirely on CO1.

I would be great if we could increase the number of layers, as well more options that would make it work more flexible like duplicating single layers (with the adjustments) within the panel, the option to copy a single layer to another image (if I want to colour grading for example) or even combining layers if possible.

Cheers, Phill.

Phill, if you want to know that your voice has been heard "officially" be sure to create a Support Case noting the fact that you making an Enhancement Request in the title lien.

This is, primarily, a User to User forum. Official communication with Phase is via their Customer Relationship Management system and the front end of that is the Support Case option.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac