Feature Request: Create a New Session from Import Screen

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Feature Request: Create a New Session from Import Screen

Postby Jiiim » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:58 am

It would be really handy if we could create a New Session from the import screen.

I often just pop my camera card in, which automatically launches the Import screen, but then if I realise i want to organise my photos into a separate session (which may be from multiple shoots), I have to close the import screen, create a New Session, and then go back in.

It'd be much quicker if I could do it all on the one view; and even better If I could do imports to multiple sessions all without leaving that screen.

Thanks!

Jim
Jiiim

Re: Feature Request: Create a New Session from Import Screen

Postby NNN636919878127589671 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:56 pm

That what me too want. It would be mcdvoice more easier and ofcourse quicker as you mentioned to import to other sessions
Last edited by NNN636919878127589671 on Sat May 04, 2019 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NNN636919878127589671

Postby ben_US » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 pm

It's possible to simply set the Destination to that other session's folder; no need to switch documents, just change the destination path.
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Postby SFA » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:45 am

As Ben has suggested and then create the new session.m

UNLESS ....

you are using a lot or the automatic token based folder creation and file naming during import in which case, depending on exactly what you are doing, thing my get a little complicated to unravel later.

In which case it's worth loosing a few seconds and cancelling the import, create the new session and then re-import to that.

If you have the correct settings in preferences you can have more than one session open at the same time - BUT only one import running.

Having to session open also means that if you should decide to import anyway into your currently open session, when you create a new session (and assuming you have given the newly imported files their own folder(s), you can simply drag and drop them into the new session folder structure or, if the folder structure is not something critical to you, just make the folder(s) 'favourites' wherever they have ended up.

Sessions offer a lot of flexibility but also need to be understood to get the best out of them for personal needs.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby Jiiim » Wed May 01, 2019 11:15 am

SFA wrote:As Ben has suggested and then create the new session.m
In which case it's worth loosing a few seconds and cancelling the import, create the new session and then re-import to that.

Just to reiterate though, it would be a timesaver, and more elegant, if one could create a new session from the import screen (and relatively trivial from a UI design perspective).

UX win!

Jim
Jiiim

Postby Ian3 » Wed May 01, 2019 11:24 am

Jiiim wrote:

Just to reiterate though, it would be a timesaver, and more elegant, if one could create a new session from the import screen (and relatively trivial from a UI design perspective).

UX win!

Jim

Well, if you are convinced that this would be a good feature to have, suggest it to Phase One in a Support case - this is primarily a user-to-user forum and suggesting things here doesn't get them on to Phase One's list of possible enhancements.

Ian
Ian3

Postby SFA » Wed May 01, 2019 11:29 am

Jiiim wrote:

UX win!

Jim

Put it to the development team using a Support Case.

Assuming that it is as trivial as you hope and enough people have been inconvenienced often enough to make the same suggestion it should catch the collective eye of the product managers.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac