Move from one album to another

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Move from one album to another

Postby Harold Eastman » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:49 pm

I'm migrating from Lightroom.

How do I simply move an image from one album to another? When I try doing this in CO, the image also remains in its original folder. But I don't want to copy it, I want to move it.

I'm sure this is simple, but I can see anything about it anywhere.

H
Harold Eastman

Re: Move from one album to another

Postby Ian3 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:24 pm

If you really mean an album, not a folder, it is by design that images you drag from one album to another are copied not moved. An album is only a virtual collection of images, not a physical folder on disc. The beauty of that is that it is perfectly possible for the same image to exist in more than one album - for instance you might want it in both a "family" album and a "holiday" album.

But if you mean actual physical folders, you should be able to move images. There was a bug, said to be fixed in 12.0.3 that prevented moving images if the folders were in different drives or volumes, though, so if that is your issue, try installing the recent update.

Ian
Ian3

Re: Move from one album to another

Postby Andrew Lawrence » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:03 pm

If dropping and dragging on a Mac, try pressing either option or command when dropping to the new folder. You should see a green plus sign (this means it's copying) that green plus sign should disappear when you use option or command key with it, letting you know it is only moving the files and not copying. This works for both capture one and also with finder.
ANDREW LAWRENCE
NYC - DIGITAL TECH
Andrew Lawrence

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac