Turning off process recipes

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Turning off process recipes

Postby NNN636749621377268860 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:15 am

I'm dazed and confused. I'm learning to use process recipes, but how do you turn them off? I have unchecked all recipes, but it seems the last used recipe stays active. For example, I have a recipe that adds a watermark and exports with the width set to pixels. Even with all recipes unchecked, all the images I'm trying to edit show up with the watermark and using pixels as dimensions. What do I not understand?

Thanks for your help.
NNN636749621377268860

Re: Turning off process recipes

Postby Ian3 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:34 am

There are two things: having a recipe turned on (box checked) and having a recipe as the active recipe (highlighted in the list). You can check several recipes, so that you can output an image in more than one way at the same time (perhaps a high res version for printing and a lower res version to put on social media).

The active recipe (the highlighted one) determines what you see: so if the highlighted recipe has a watermark you will see a watermark. If the highlighted recipe is set to 100% size, you will see the full size dimensions when you crop. If it is say 50% size, you will see something different (for example a file that is 6000x4000 pixels will show as 3000x2000 while you are cropping). You can't have no recipe selected, or how would Capture One know what to display?

If you want to see your image full size, no watermark, etc, make sure the highlighted recipe in the list is one that has 100% size and no watermark.

Ian
Ian3

Re: Turning off process recipes

Postby jamesmccarthy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 pm

Thank you for your note on this topic. I found it helpful and solved my problem.

A UX suggestion: Allow the use to deselect all process receipts. In the latest version 12.x version 1 process recipe is always selected and will apply the attributes of that recipe to your photos. So I just created a very generic recipe as my default.
jamesmccarthy

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac