Raw + Jpeg

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Raw + Jpeg

Postby NNN635081004468772346 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:03 pm

Hi

I apologise in advance if this question has been answered before or is very basic, but I am a newbie to Capture One.

I recently purchased Capture One Pro Fujifilm 12.0.2 and am finding I need some time to get use to the interface. Up until now I have been using Lightroom.

My question: I shoot in Raw + Jpeg and sometimes on the one SD card. I shot some images recently using Acros black and white simulation. When I imported these into a session the RAW images also remained black and white. In Lightroom the RAW images areas shot without any simulation as it should be.

Is there something I am missing?

Regards
Andrew
NNN635081004468772346

Re: Raw + Jpeg

Postby SFA » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:22 pm

Yes.

The Phase arrangement with Fuji seems to be to ply the official Fuji Film Style used in camera by default, presumably to save users having to go to the effort of both setting it in camera and then having to apply it again during RAW conversion.

This only happens for Fuji cameras at this point - possibly because they are the only current camera manufacturer with a long history of film manufacture.

Go to the Base Characteristics tool and change the Curve setting and you will see the full colour option(s).

Which option you choose is up to you. As a Canon user my choices are fewer and so easier. I would suggest following the tool's Help link to the User Guide as a starting point and then ask further question or go to the video guides and webinar recordings for worked examples.

It might be worth checking the FAQs in the Resource Hub as well.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: Raw + Jpeg

Postby chriswimlett » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:18 pm

Once I got used to the way Capture One handles Fuji raw images, I found I preferred it - to my eyes the Fuji film simulations are better than in Lightroom. In fact, I've stopped importing JPEGs into Capture One and just save them separately.
chriswimlett

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac