Canon 5d mark III does not work with Capture One

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Canon 5d mark III does not work with Capture One

Postby NNN636879240929842921 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Hello all :) I cannot find the right contact for C1 support in UK. My Canon 5d mark III does not tether to C1. I checked all the connections etc, it works well with 5d mark II. I updated the firmware on Canon mark III, but that did not help either. I read about SDK plug ins, but there is no more information on how and where to download them from. Do you have a possible solution or any ideas what is wrong with it? Or best contact/email/tel no. for customer service in UK? Many thanks!
NNN636879240929842921

Re: Canon 5d mark III does not work with Capture One

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:33 pm

I have not had a problem tethering my Canon 5D Mark III, but your problem could be computer dependent. Regardless, customer support is best reached by filing a case via the Phase One website (https://www.phaseone.com/en). Don't know if you need the /en, but it will get you to the site in English). After reaching the web site, click on support and fill out the case support form.
NN635680879799322049UL

Postby Jmouritsen » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:56 am

I had the same problem with my Canon 5D mark IV

Following the guide linked below, what worked for me was to remove CF and SD cards from the camera before connecting the USB cable.
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... cleid=2172
After that the camera connected instantly. But I really dislike the solution, as I really appreciate to have a backup on the camera when shooting tethered.
Canons own tethering software EOS Utility has no problem connecting to the camera with cards in the camera.
To me this looks like an issue with Capture One not being able to take control of the camera waiting to transfer images to OSX. I really hope they can resolve this issue.

Capture One 12
OSX Mojave
Jmouritsen

Postby SFA » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:20 am

NNN636879240929842921 wrote:Hello all :) I cannot find the right contact for C1 support in UK. My Canon 5d mark III does not tether to C1. I checked all the connections etc, it works well with 5d mark II. I updated the firmware on Canon mark III, but that did not help either. I read about SDK plug ins, but there is no more information on how and where to download them from. Do you have a possible solution or any ideas what is wrong with it? Or best contact/email/tel no. for customer service in UK? Many thanks!

Try the Knowledge base.

https://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain

Make sure you have not connected the camera to the computer before trying to tether. Is the 3 different to the 2 in that regard when first connecting to the Mac?

Does the 3 have a USB3 interface? (I can't recall)

If so I have read that the power demands of the USB3 ports are quite critical and can be a little challenging - something to consider perhaps?

Grant
SFA

Postby NNN636651248927918593 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:40 pm

I’ve used tethering with C1(11) frequently, but recently received an error message saying that my camera (Canon 5D MkIII) is not connected. As far as I could see, nothing had changed. Contacting support I was referred to KB2172. I followed all the related advice successfully but still the camera couldn’t be detected. Only when I got home to investigate further I found that because my previous tethered session used an external hard drive, once re-connected, the camera suddenly appeared in the software. Surely this is a major error. Without the hard drive I was unable to work tethered. In desperation I upgraded to C1(12), thinking that this would solve the problem, which it didn’t! So I would advise always use the same hard drive for continued (tethered) access to your camera. Hope this helps.
NNN636651248927918593

Postby cdc » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:17 am

The USB 2.0 connector on those can be inconsistent and fail, does the camera/cable work with other programs?
cdc

Postby Christian Gruner » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:19 am

These intermittent issues are often hardware related. Check with different cables and different computers.
It could be the cameras tetherport that have stopped working.

Can you confirm you are CO 12.0.3?
Christian Gruner
Crew
Crew

Postby NN113915UL1 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:28 pm

This is s serious issue for me as well and a very frustrating one, it has worked the last 2 years just fine, I have not changed cables, or any hardware so I know it is a software issue after the last 3 updates of C1. What is dangerous is when you have to pull a card out while under pressure to be shooting with clients and models waiting it sometimes defaults to jpeg depending on which card you pull and this can be a very costly mistake.

PLEASE FIX THE SOFTWARE.

Jmouritsen wrote:I had the same problem with my Canon 5D mark IV

Following the guide linked below, what worked for me was to remove CF and SD cards from the camera before connecting the USB cable.
https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Arti ... cleid=2172
After that the camera connected instantly. But I really dislike the solution, as I really appreciate to have a backup on the camera when shooting tethered.
Canons own tethering software EOS Utility has no problem connecting to the camera with cards in the camera.
To me this looks like an issue with Capture One not being able to take control of the camera waiting to transfer images to OSX. I really hope they can resolve this issue.

Capture One 12
OSX Mojave
NN113915UL1

Postby SFA » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:51 pm

NN113915UL1 wrote:This is s serious issue for me as well and a very frustrating one, it has worked the last 2 years just fine, I have not changed cables, or any hardware so I know it is a software issue after the last 3 updates of C1. What is dangerous is when you have to pull a card out while under pressure to be shooting with clients and models waiting it sometimes defaults to jpeg depending on which card you pull and this can be a very costly mistake.

PLEASE FIX THE SOFTWARE.

There is no point to shouting in here - this is mainly a User to User forum.

What did the C1 Support Team say when you created your Support Case?
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac