Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Bo24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:32 am

Pervious sessions used to be listed in the drop-down meny in Library.
Now only the last opened session is listed.

When starting Capture One with the option key pressed the window shows: "No recent catalogs or sessions" even though several sessions has been opened.

This happened after I cleared the menu in the drop-down list.
But I did not expect it to be cleared permanently.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Bo Hvidt
Bo24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Ian3 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:59 am

Clearing it means clearing it, I think. But it will gradually build up again as you open them by double-clicking them in Finder.

Ian
Ian3
 
Posts: 2543
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:52 pm
Location: Bristol, England

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Bo24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:54 am

Hi Ian,

Maybe I didn't describe the problem clearly.

I cleared the menu aprox. 10 days ago, and since then I have opened several different sessions, but still only the last opened session is on the list.

Regards
Bo
Bo24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby SFA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:20 pm

Bo24 wrote:Hi Ian,

Maybe I didn't describe the problem clearly.

I cleared the menu aprox. 10 days ago, and since then I have opened several different sessions, but still only the last opened session is on the list.

Regards
Bo


How do you open the sessions?

How do you close the sessions?

There are different approaches for both. It is possible that different approaches give different results ... so useful to know what you do.

Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Bo24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:53 pm

Grant,

Nothing have changed in the way I open/close a session before and after I cleared the menu.

And it is the is the same result no matter I use File>Open..., File>Open recent (which is empty) or if i double click on the cosessiondb file of a specific session.

Regards
Bo
Bo24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby SFA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:58 pm

Bo24 wrote:Grant,

Nothing have changed in the way I open/close a session before and after I cleared the menu.

And it is the is the same result no matter I use File>Open..., File>Open recent (which is empty) or if i double click on the cosessiondb file of a specific session.

Regards
Bo


Hi Bo,

I hear what you are saying but still there may be some differences in what happens and how the file is closed seems to be the most likely possible point of interest for a "Recent Files" list update.

The thing is though that if anyone is to try to replicate what you do to see whether they get the same result they really should be replicating what you do just as you do it at some point. Which is why I asked the questions.


Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Bo24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:49 pm

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your response.

Normally I import pictures into a new session, whereafter this specific session is open/active, and thereafter used to be listed in Library drop-down menu.
Recent sessions I use to open from the drop-down meny.
If a session is not listed in the drop-down meny, I use to db.click on the cosessiondb file in finder for the specific session I want to work on.

I don't use to close a session, just opening another if needed. Only one session is shown.

Regards
Bo
Bo24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby SFA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 pm

Bo24 wrote:Hi Grant,

Thanks for your response.

Normally I import pictures into a new session, whereafter this specific session is open/active, and thereafter used to be listed in Library drop-down menu.
Recent sessions I use to open from the drop-down meny.
If a session is not listed in the drop-down meny, I use to db.click on the cosessiondb file in finder for the specific session I want to work on.

I don't use to close a session, just opening another if needed. Only one session is shown.

Regards
Bo


Ok, so you have single session set rather than allowing multiple sessions.

As a test try closing the open session before starting a new one to see if you get different behaviour.

There are two close options that may work a little differently form each other - I'm not sure.

One is simply click the close application button (Is it a cross in a red box on a Mac like in Windows?)

The other is the 'Close Window' command in the 'File' menu.

It's possible that you don't see the Close Window option of the system preference is set to single instance of a session - not sure but you will soon find out.

It's also possible that Mac is different to Windows (which is what I use).

If none of the close options result in an update to the 'Recents'" list then maybe you would be best to raise a Support Case and ask the Support Team about the problem. Such things can often be related to specific circumstances and so not the same for everyone.

HTH.

Grant
SFA
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Bo24 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Hi Grant,

Thanks again for your advice.
But unfortunately it didn't change anything.

As you suggest I will try to open a Support Case.

And I have an idea that it has nothing to do with settings, but maybe a file in a system folder that has to be deleted?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bo
Bo24
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:24 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby SFA » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:12 pm

Bo24 wrote:Hi Grant,

Thanks again for your advice.
But unfortunately it didn't change anything.

As you suggest I will try to open a Support Case.

And I have an idea that it has nothing to do with settings, but maybe a file in a system folder that has to be deleted?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bo


I think the feature, whether Mac or Windows, is just using an operator system function so yes, probably something like you suggest.

Grant.
SFA
 
Posts: 6338
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm

Re: Previous sessions not in Library drop-down list

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:15 pm

For your information, the Recent list is stored in the Capture One preference file (com.phaseone.captureone12.plist on Mac). In case Capture One has troubles writing to that file, recent documents are not added to the Recent list anymore. A solution is to delete the file and see if the solves the issue.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
User avatar
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional
 
Posts: 9467
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:49 pm
Location: The Netherlands


Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests