Copying settings of a layer to a layer in another image

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Copying settings of a layer to a layer in another image

Postby MAWA_73527 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:12 am

I came back from a shoot with a series images of the same motive and the same settings in camera and flash.
These images need layers to handle the background. I finished one image with all the layers and settings. I then finished the layers on another image in the series.
I wanted to copy the settings of the layers in the first image and apply them to the layers of the second image. I did not find how to do that. The only way I found was to save a preset … but this is no real solution because I need these settings only within the small realm of this series of images.

Has anyone found a way to copy the settings of a layer and applying the settings to a layer in another image?
MAWA_73527

Re: Copying settings of a layer to a layer in another image

Postby SFA » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:02 pm

You should be able to edit one image as you want it to be and then copy all the adjustments, including layers, to other images via the clipboard (if required) where you can select, in two or three ways, which edits you wish to copy.

To copy and apply to more than one image at a time be sure you have selected "Edit all selected variants" and have the images you wish to adjust selected before you copy and paste.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Re: Copying settings of a layer to a layer in another image

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:25 pm

MAWA_73527 wrote:I came back from a shoot with a series images of the same motive and the same settings in camera and flash.
These images need layers to handle the background. I finished one image with all the layers and settings. I then finished the layers on another image in the series.
I wanted to copy the settings of the layers in the first image and apply them to the layers of the second image. I did not find how to do that. The only way I found was to save a preset … but this is no real solution because I need these settings only within the small realm of this series of images.

Has anyone found a way to copy the settings of a layer and applying the settings to a layer in another image?

You can not do that in Capture One. All adjustments related to layers including the layers and masks can only be copied as a total package to another image.

That is therefore my advice. After copy and apply to another image, adjust the mask (or clear mask and make a new if necessary) but you at least have all tool adjustments linked to the mask for each layer.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac