Viewer window - Remembering previous position

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Viewer window - Remembering previous position

Postby AndyGawthrope » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:38 pm

OK, so this is a trivial but annoying little problem.... I use two monitors: iMac and a BenQ. I have a custom workspace that has almost all the C1 windows/controls on the iMac but a separate 'Viewer' (I think that's the right C1 terminology) window on the BenQ. This allows me a big image on the BenQ on which to do the edits.

If I quit C1 and restart the application the big 'Viewer' window is placed on the iMac and over the other/main C1 window. The main C1 window remembers its size/position etc but the 'Viewer' window doesn't. As I wrote earlier, its a trivial, annoying problem... Am I missing something or does the 'Viewer' window not persist its monitor and position between application restarts?

Thanks,
Andrew Gawthrope
AndyGawthrope

Re: Viewer window - Remembering previous position

Postby tenmangu81 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:06 pm

Hi Andrew,

Did you save your dual monitor workspace ?
I have almost the same configuration as yours (a MacBook Pro on which I have the browser and the tools, and a calibrated NEC graphic display with the full screen viewer), and I don't face this issue, except of course when my NEC display is disconnected.
Robert
tenmangu81

Postby AndyGawthrope » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:20 pm

Yup, workspace has been saved Robert :-( C1 is correctly remembering that there is a 'Viewer' window so its loading the config for the right workspace. It's as if C1 just forgets/doesn't know there is a second monitor. It's simple to overcome as I just drag the 'Viewer' window across to the BenQ and maximise it. But irritating ;-)

Thanks
Andrew
AndyGawthrope

Postby macbates » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:31 pm

This is an old problem (dating back to v10 at least). I submitted a bug report about this a couple of versions ago, and although it was verified as a bug, it has yet to be fixed. There are a few more issues with dual monitors, all of which have been reported, verified, and still remain open.

- Ken
macbates

Postby AndyGawthrope » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:29 pm

OK Ken. Thank you.

Andrew
AndyGawthrope

Postby NN635680879799322049UL » Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:25 pm

I had this problem. So, I moved my browser to my small display, opened the viewer window and moved it to the large display and customized both and then saved them as a custom dual monitor workspace (small browser, large viewer). When I close a catalog with that dual monitor workspace, I can reopen a catalog and the browser will appear on the smaller monitor, but you have to click on "viewer" in the workspace drop down to show the viewer. The viewer should appear the same size as when it was last closed. When you close the catalog, the viewer will remain on the large display, and you can close it.

The point is, Capture One does not automatically display the large viewer or close it when opening and closing a catalog. In other words, the application does not look to see the workspace that was last selected by the catalog being opened and simply opens the primary workspace view. However, for some reason Capture One may open the viewer when you open Capture One and before you select a catalog. When it does so, the viewer will be the same size as when it was last closed.

Some time ago I did file a case report with support and they answered, "As the Viewer is an object of the application and not of the document, this is expected behavior. Closing the viewer is simply closing that window and isn't interacting with the catalog/session document." As they say in Latin, res ipsa loquitur.

Jerry C
NN635680879799322049UL

Postby AndyGawthrope » Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 pm

Jerry,

I just use only one Catalog, so fortunately C1 12 does remember the 'Viewer' window size just fine; just a shame not the position too. Anyway, its only a minor irritation for me. If it was an easy win for the development team it would be nice tho ;-)

Andrew
AndyGawthrope

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac