Corrupted Files After Packing EIP

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x for Mac

Corrupted Files After Packing EIP

Postby NNN636326301735160710 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello All!

Experienced an issue today that I wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced or can share a solution -

On my external drive, I was running Capture and packing EIPs to transfer to my system HD. Had no trouble packing EIPs from .NEFs in previous folders. But in one specific folder, all packed files would flash "file is no longer supported" and entirely disappear from the session. These EIPs were not in the trash or able to be located within Capture. In finder, the EIP files had been turned into 166kb misc files with no file extension. Seems to like the original file was corrupted... I went back into the archives from Chornosync to try to recover, but those packed files were missing as well.

Has anyone experienced this?

Is there any way to recover or convert these files back into .NEFs?

Any help would be appreciated.
NNN636326301735160710

Re: Corrupted Files After Packing EIP

Postby OddS » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm

NNN636326301735160710 wrote:...In finder, the EIP files had been turned into 166kb misc files with no file extension. Seems to like the original file was corrupted...

I don't think I understand what is/was or got corrupted.

An EIP file is a ZIP file with your NEF file (renamed to 0.NEF in my Windows version of C1), the COS file and some other Capture One data files (XML) inside. You should be able to open the EIP with a normal zip/unzip, and depending on which one, you may have to set file name extension to .zip.
OddS

Return to Capture One 12.x Software for Mac