Print Layout in Capture One 12

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO For Sony / Fujifilm, Capture One DB and Capture One Express For Sony / For Fujifilm 12.x

Print Layout in Capture One 12

Postby tommo84 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Hi to everyone,
I am experiencing a lot of problems when I try to print my photos directly from Capture One 12.
In particular, it seems that CO12 is not able to recognize and update the correct paper format (A4,A3 etc etc) and basically it sticks to to old settings...when I try to print on A3 for example, it prints an A4 in the upper left corner of the image!
Also the image preview in the print menu behaves strange, and doesn't represent the reality of the printed image...

anyone else with the same problem?

thanks and bests

Tommaso
tommo84

Re: Print Layout in Capture One 12

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:18 am

I think a lot of this may depend on your printer driver. However I'm not a Mac user so I have no specific advice to offer.

That said for anyone replying knowing what printing device(s) you are using or wish to print to could be useful information.

Grant
SFA

Postby Tilman11 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:04 am

My old printing templates aren't working fine. I had to save new ones. Maybe you're using an old template?
Printer and pagesize have to be set again after C1 restart…
Tilman11

Postby tommo84 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:01 pm

thanks!
I have a Canon i8750 as a printer...

I think the problem is related to the templates...CO 12 doesn't apply the correct templates during the print process...

so any idea on how to fix it?

If I print using another sfw, everything works.....
tommo84

Postby SFA » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:16 pm

tommo84 wrote:thanks!
I have a Canon i8750 as a printer...

I think the problem is related to the templates...CO 12 doesn't apply the correct templates during the print process...

so any idea on how to fix it?

If I print using another sfw, everything works.....

I have a much older Canon Pixma.

It's rare, in my experience, to find an application, other than something like an Office document that expects only to be using plain paper and printing on a specific sheet size, that does not have some sort of glitch working with it.

My previous favoured converter and editor would only ever work as expected the very first time after printer driver installation or, mostly, if I specifically set the output image to be an exact size that matched the paper size and margin allowance. Even then it did not always work as expected.

By comparison C1 is much better and far more predictable but you do need to get the settings right. Also, in Windows at least, it helps if you can predefine printers with the required settings for paper type and size and simply try selecting a predefined printer rather than tweaking the settings. Whether this might be true for Mac as well I have no idea.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 12.x Software