What if a server is unavailable?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture Pilot for iOS

What if a server is unavailable?

Postby NN116688UL1 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:15 am

So this is more of a comment than a question. Since I shoot on location, and, not within a studio, a server is usually unavailable, therefore I'm unable to use Capture One Pilot, which would benefit my client and overall workflow. Question, if one's camera has WIFI and since your iOS device has WIFI, why can't you run Pilot via WIFI / bluetooth? Or am I missing something?
NN116688UL1

Re: What if a server is unavailable?

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:31 pm

You still need an application to serve the image to Capture Pilot. It is the Image Server of the Capture Pilot tool in Capture One that provides this function.

So you still need Capture One, unless you have a replacement for it in your camera, which is only available in Phase One digital backs.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Postby NN116688UL1 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:35 pm

I’m still confused, if a camera has built in WIFI such as the GFX, why allow a connnection via C1 Pilot? Fuji Remote already does this but its not C1 centric and when shooting on location with no server access, it would be awesome to connect to my iPad for client viewing!
NN116688UL1

Postby ben_US » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:44 pm

NN116688UL1 wrote:I’m still confused, if a camera has built in WIFI such as the GFX, why allow a connnection via C1 Pilot? Fuji Remote already does this but its not C1 centric and when shooting on location with no server access, it would be awesome to connect to my iPad for client viewing!

The GFX may have built-in wifi, but if it is not running a Capture Pilot server then you'd need to spawn one from another location (like Capture One). Our IQ1-3 digital backs have such the ability. Without a Capture Pilot server running, there is no ability to serve the previews to the client (your iPad, in this case).
Please make a support case for Technical Support with Capture One software:
http://support.phaseone.com and click on Contact Support, then select Technical Support.
ben_US
Crew
Crew

Return to Capture Pilot for iOS