Draw Mask (Auto-mask) Problem with Wacom tablet

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Draw Mask (Auto-mask) Problem with Wacom tablet

Postby jamesmccarthy » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:30 pm

Hi
I am curious if anyone else is having a problem when using the Draw Mask tool (auto-mask selected) with a Wacom tablet. As I outline an area it will automatically create a straight line to the right/left/top/bottom of the image, as if holding down the shift/ctrl key which I wasn't doing. I am using version 11.0.0.266 on Windows 10.

This video shows the exact problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObvbtiVOP0w

Thanks, James
jamesmccarthy

Re: Draw Mask (Auto-mask) Problem with Wacom tablet

Postby Kaweeno » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:41 pm

Mine does that too. Very frustrating. Can't figure out what causes this.
Kaweeno

Postby SFA » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:59 pm

The video indicates that the solution is to roll back the Wacom driver.

Did that work for you?

I assume not unless the video has been very recently updated.

Grant
SFA

Postby HansB » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Did you see this discussion in this forum? It sounds similar, and it offers a workaround.
viewtopic.php?f=72&t=27180

Regards,
Hans
HansB

Postby jamesmccarthy » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:37 am

I did find a solution!
I simply had to enable "Windows Ink" in the Wacom Tablet settings application specific for Capture Pro One. Haven't had any problems since doing that.

Thanks!
jamesmccarthy

Postby CCWH » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:22 pm

I've gived the answer in this video:

Richard OLIER
Hi,I think the problem is not the driver version.You can enable or not windows ink in the wacom settings. If you enable this function, all features of the tablet are working with C1 (pressure control, no glitch) but you have the long press = right click bug (a bad new feature....).If you disable windows ink option in driver, you lose pressure control, and you have your drawing glitches in c1.Could you try again ?
CCWH

Postby Chad Dahlquist » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:24 am

recently moved to windows and wacom support flat out is horrid

that link to the other post in this forum worked for me

you basically end up here and do this
https://www.reddit.com/r/wacom/comments ... sure_turn/

the guy has some swearing and stuff in his pic at the bottom so beware of that :)
Chad Dahlquist

Postby cdc » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 pm

I also have this super annoying bug.

I followed the steps in the swearing filled suggestion from reddit but it still happens.
If I enable windows ink in the wacom tablet properties the problem goes away but now alt/ctrl/shift tags show up next to the cursor every time I press those key. Trading one annoyance for another, smaller, annoyance.
cdc

Postby Chad Dahlquist » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:43 am

bummer to hear for ya still having issue cdc

I can say I recently moved to windows and things like this are why I am glad I did so I know how bad it is on this side :) hahahahahahah my mac never had all the little issues like this :)

I also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the drivers etc..
Chad Dahlquist

Postby C-M-B » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:01 am

Same thing with the modifing keys (alt, shift,..) happens with Adobe Photoshop but there's a .txt you can modify to stop it from doing that.
With CaptureOne it's slightly annoying but generally you don't use alt/ctrl/shift as much.
C-M-B

Postby JH-Photo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:21 pm

It is frustrated! For me the workarounds doesn't fix the problem.
Who can be support this? Microsoft or Phase One?
JH-Photo

Same problem - Phase One needs to adress this ASAP !

Postby Michael_Madsen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Exactly same problem - just so frustrating - it really is a dealbreaker for me.
Ive been testing this extensively with little luck until I discovered something odd... the sudden drawing of lines happens ONLY in the upper left quadrant of the screen - (if your on dual monitor it happens on the entire upper half of the screen 1. To be more precise - it happens when your mouse is crossing THE BORDER between the upper left quadrant of the screen and the rest of the screen area. Now this got me suspious - this exact error has been observed previously in other apps and was linked to "Get Mouse Move Points Ex"
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 59(v=vs.85).aspx
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28852 ... e-drawing/
I think this is too much of a coincidence - and Ive tried EVERYTHING to no avail - windows ink on and off - tablet mode changes, disabling all pen and touch functionality, diff versions of COP, diff wacom drivers etc. Ive fiddle with every concieveable (i think) setting possible and NOTHING works.
This ONLY and consistently happens in all tested versions of COP we have at hand. We have had no other issues with any other software and/or windows ink/wacom settings.
I suspect Phaseone is using an outdated or erroneous protocol or whatever in the communication with the input devices.
It should be fairly easy to replicate and something that PhaseOne urgent needs to look into. For me as a retoucher its a dealbreaker.
Michael_Madsen

Re: Same problem - Phase One needs to adress this ASAP !

Postby SFA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:34 pm

NN635194248201089352UL wrote:Exactly same problem - just so frustrating - it really is a dealbreaker for me.
Ive been testing this extensively with little luck until I discovered something odd... the sudden drawing of lines happens ONLY in the upper left quadrant of the screen - (if your on dual monitor it happens on the entire upper half of the screen 1. To be more precise - it happens when your mouse is crossing THE BORDER between the upper left quadrant of the screen and the rest of the screen area. Now this got me suspious - this exact error has been observed previously in other apps and was linked to "Get Mouse Move Points Ex"
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 59(v=vs.85).aspx
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/28852 ... e-drawing/
I think this is too much of a coincidence - and Ive tried EVERYTHING to no avail - windows ink on and off - tablet mode changes, disabling all pen and touch functionality, diff versions of COP, diff wacom drivers etc. Ive fiddle with every concieveable (i think) setting possible and NOTHING works.
This ONLY and consistently happens in all tested versions of COP we have at hand. We have had no other issues with any other software and/or windows ink/wacom settings.
I suspect Phaseone is using an outdated or erroneous protocol or whatever in the communication with the input devices.
It should be fairly easy to replicate and something that PhaseOne urgent needs to look into. For me as a retoucher its a dealbreaker.

Have you reported this observation to Phase One using a Support Case? That way it is sure to receive attention.

This is primarily intended to be a user to user forum. On that basis information exchange is less certain.

Grant
SFA

Postby AiDon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:49 pm

This issue has been reported to support for many years now, I first reported with v8, then v9 and then v10.
AiDon

Postby SFA » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:01 pm

AiDon wrote:This issue has been reported to support for many years now, I first reported with v8, then v9 and then v10.

But has the specific observation made in the previous post been communicated to C1 tech support?

Grant
SFA

Next

Return to Capture One 11.x Software