Automatically tagging photos with red color tag on import

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Automatically tagging photos with red color tag on import

Postby NN635021733479478425UL » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:08 pm

When I import, Capture One for MAC is automatically tagging my photos with the red color tag. It's odd because this happens when I import a session as well, although ONLY to photos that aren't tagged another color. For example, if to my master catalog I import a session of:

100 photos tagged NOTHING
10 photos tagged blue
2 photos tagged red

It will carry over 102 photos tagged as red and 10 photos tagged blue. It's really weird and annoying. Please help!
NN635021733479478425UL

Re: Automatically tagging photos with red color tag on impor

Postby Paul_Steunebrink » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:16 pm

Two tips.

One, this is out of band behaviour, so something to file a support case.

Two, if you would like to troubleshoot yourself, start with a new catalog (just for the test) and import. Does the issue persist, your Capture One setup is screwed. If import is normal, your catalog has an issue. Verify you catalog, make a catalog backup first.
Best regards,
Paul E. Steunebrink, Image Alchemist (website All about Capture One), Capture One trainer
Paul_Steunebrink
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Automatically tagging photos with red color tag on impor

Postby SFA » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 pm

NN635021733479478425UL wrote:When I import, Capture One for MAC is automatically tagging my photos with the red color tag. It's odd because this happens when I import a session as well, although ONLY to photos that aren't tagged another color. For example, if to my master catalog I import a session of:

100 photos tagged NOTHING
10 photos tagged blue
2 photos tagged red

It will carry over 102 photos tagged as red and 10 photos tagged blue. It's really weird and annoying. Please help!

Do you have "Auto Sync Sidecar XMP" (in Preferences) set to a value other than "None"?

Are you applying any Styles or Presets on import? Thay can include setting a colour tag value.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 11.x Software