Move backup location

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Move backup location

Postby Minigill » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:45 pm

I have 4 catalogues which I back up each time I use them. Catalogue 4 backup file path location is inside catalogue 2. I would prefer the file location to be outside of catalogue 2 so its easier to find ! Probably not explained that very well.

What is the best process to move Catalogue 4 folder to new location ?

Thankyou :)
Minigill

Re: Move backup location

Postby Ian3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:48 pm

When you back up the catalog, the back-up dialog box enables you to change the location of the backup if you want to - click the ... at the right hand end of the line for backup location.

To move a whole catalog, you can move the file in Finder, then double-click it to open it again in the new place. (An exception to the general rule to always move things from within Capture One.) Depending on where you have moved it to and where your images are stored you may have to get Capture One to locate them again.

Ian
Ian3

Postby Minigill » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:03 pm

Hi Ian

Its just the backup folder that I wish to move, not the whole catalogue. Will check out what you say.

Thankyou !
Minigill

Postby Ian3 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:39 pm

In that case, I'd move make a new backup to the new location and if you want to keep previous backups too, move them there afterwards using Finder.

Ian
Ian3

Return to Capture One 11.x Software