Clipboard and Crop

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Clipboard and Crop

Postby Squiggleflop » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:24 pm

Is there any way to stop the crop being copied when doing a copy/paste of adjustments?

I can disable the copying of the crop in the adjustments clipboard but I have to do this every time.
Squiggleflop

Re: Clipboard and Crop

Postby Ian3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:31 pm

You can either

- copy adjustments one by one, so perhaps copy the exposure and WB changes you have made. That may be quicker if there are only a couple of things to copy. Or...

- if you have a lot of adjustments to copy you end up with checking and unchecking items on the clipboard, which I agree can be tedious. Or...

- just copy the lot and reset the crop afterwards. May be quickest!

Ian
Ian3

Postby Squiggleflop » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:04 am

Well that is pretty crappy. I should be able to set the defaults for the adjustments copy and then make changes if I need to.
Squiggleflop

Postby SFA » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:24 am

Squiggleflop wrote:Well that is pretty crappy. I should be able to set the defaults for the adjustments copy and then make changes if I need to.

If you are planning to do that for every adjustment combination with frequent changes in what you wish to select I suspect it would be easier and more useful to simply copy everything and then remove what you don't want.

However if you wish to see changes why not create a Support Case and outline your suggestion but add some specific must have points and highlighting that it is an Enhancement Request somewhere in the title.

I understand what you are asking for - a crop in particular is often something that needs to be modified. However modifying is pretty easy to do and takes no more time than adding afresh. Elimination of a crop is very simple as well. Key C for the Crop tool and click outside the crop area.

I do both, frequently, after copying settings and I don't find it a problem at all. However I fully understand that your needs may be different.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 11.x Software