Edit GPS information?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Edit GPS information?

Postby Martin24 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:07 pm

How can I edit the GPS information? I have a few photos without GPS data and would like to insert the coordinates manually. But somehow I cannot insert text into the EXIF-GPS fields. Have I overlooked something? I am using CO 11.3.1. on a Macbook Pro with OSX Mojave.
Martin24

Re: Edit GPS information?

Postby Ian3 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:29 pm

I don't think you can do this in Capture One and I suspect you would have to use an Exif editor to do it.

Ian
Ian3

Postby David532 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:43 pm

Martin24 wrote:How can I edit the GPS information? I have a few photos without GPS data and would like to insert the coordinates manually. But somehow I cannot insert text into the EXIF-GPS fields. Have I overlooked something? I am using CO 11.3.1. on a Macbook Pro with OSX Mojave.

Best I can suggest if you only have a few to tag is find someone with a copy of Lightroom Classic and use the map module in that. Lightroom writes the co-ordinates to EXIF-GPS and Capture One reads this quite happily.
David532

Postby PeterO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:44 am

Martin24 wrote:How can I edit the GPS information? I have a few photos without GPS data and would like to insert the coordinates manually. But somehow I cannot insert text into the EXIF-GPS fields. Have I overlooked something? I am using CO 11.3.1. on a Macbook Pro with OSX Mojave.

Regrettably, this is one of the areas where C1 is lacking. They recommend an ap called Photo Linker to do geotagging, the other one and probably most widely used is HoudahGeo. If your photos are already in C1 database, run them through one of those programs, save updated EXIF and then make sure to select them in C1 and load metadata (right click). I personally use HoudahGeo, although it has become very slow under Mojave. Hopefully they will address the issue soon.
PeterO

Return to Capture One 11.x Software