Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony)012. x and 11.x

Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Postby Nightjar » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi there,

I recentyl updated to 11.3 an started working with catalogs. Before that I was just using sessions. To me it seems that I uses considarably more resources than before; Each time I switch picture CPU jumps to 75. Also with adjustments; They apply slower than before.

So either the Update messed up my performance or sessions seem to work more performant.

Furthermore: What confuses me is that even though Capture One renders previews for each picture, it seems to load the RAW file, when switching between pictures (event if I don't zoom in!). This uses much more power and makes no sense to me. Can this be turned off?

Thanks for the help / tips.

Cheers

* I have a MBP 2017 15', 2.9Ghz, 4GB 560 Pro (working of files from an SSD)
Nightjar

Re: Are Sessions more performant than Catalogs?

Postby ben_US » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:51 am

Best option here is to create a tech support case (via the link in my profile) and send us your log files, which can be generated via the Scripts > Get Logs option. This was we can see what's going on under the hood and your particular environment's setup, which may be contributing to the slowdown.
ben_US
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Return to Capture One 12.x and 11.x Software