Export DNG with adjustments

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Export DNG with adjustments

Postby mikeseehagel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:01 pm

I'm trying to export a DNG with all adjustments I made to an image in C1, and bring it into Lightroom. I've tried creating a new recipe, as well as right click > Export > Variants and seems to export correctly, but when I bring the DNG into Lightroom, it resets back to normal.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I know I could achieve this by exporting a jpeg, tiff, or psd, but curious if it could still work with a DNG.

Thanks!
mikeseehagel

Re: Export DNG with adjustments

Postby John Doe » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:03 pm

Capture One's adjustments are not compatible with Lightroom.
Sony DSC-RX100 - Capture One Pro 10.2.1 (macOS Sierra 10.12.6)
THIS IS A USER TO USER FORUM. FOR FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS, FILE A SUPPORT CASE AT https://www.phaseone.com/SupportMain.aspx
John Doe

Postby SFA » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:09 pm

A DNG is, in theory, a RAW file in a different format.

It's not, afaik in a Capture One context or any other, a processed file in the sense that edits are applied as one might output process a tiff or jpg.

So, no, If you are looking for a RAW + edits you need TIFF (probably) not DNG.

HTH.

Grant
SFA

Postby mikeseehagel » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Ah, makes sense! Appreciate you confirming that for me.
mikeseehagel

Postby RedRobin » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 am

But why do any adjustment edits to the DNG RAW file before you bring it into Capture One where you can then edit as you normally would?

I am waiting, and getting increasingly impatient, for Capture One to support Canon CR3 files and so may have to do RAW conversion into a DNG file and then edit as usual in Capture One. Either that or move to a different RAW editor!
Robin Procter - Amateur Wildlife Photographer - https://www.flickr.com/photos/114775606@N07/
CaptureOne 12 on Mac OS 10.13.6
RedRobin

Return to Capture One 11.x Software