Layered PSD/TIFF files rendered incorrectly!

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Layered PSD/TIFF files rendered incorrectly!

Postby SimonRitter » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm

I'm using the latest version of Capture One Pro (11.3.1) and I am finding that layered Tiff or PSD files are not rendering correctly after completing additional editing in Photoshop CC 2019. (20.0.0) and then viewed back in Capture One. :roll:

If I export a raw file out as a tiff or psd, apply new edits such as a background gradient or layered masks then save in photoshop. The file will update in Capture One but none of the gradients or masks applied will display as they are intended or as viewed correctly within Photoshop. :?

Previous images exported into Photoshop CC 2018. (19.1.6) are all displayed correctly!
Masks and gradients applied are as they should be viewed...

I'm trying to work out if this issue is with the latest version of Capture One or Photoshop or possibly the macOS.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Also noticed that when running two versions of Photoshop, Capture One will only export or edit into the most current version of Photoshop No matter what you select!! Anyone now of a workaround for this?

Capture One Pro - 11.3.1
Photoshop CC 2019 - 20.0.0
macOS Sierra - 10.12.6
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5
SimonRitter

Re: Layered PSD/TIFF files rendered incorrectly!

Postby cdc » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:45 am

SimonRitter wrote:I'm using the latest version of Capture One Pro (11.3.1) and I am finding that layered Tiff or PSD files are not rendering correctly after completing additional editing in Photoshop CC 2019. (20.0.0) and then viewed back in Capture One.

I was running CO 11.2.1 and did not see this behavior. I installed 11.13.1 and still did not see this behavior. This is on a Macbook Pro - High Sierra 10.13.5 working with TIFFs with levels & curve masked layers.

Perhaps try to Regenerate Previews?
If they are updating though that probably won't help.

SimonRitter wrote:Also noticed that when running two versions of Photoshop, Capture One will only export or edit into the most current version of Photoshop No matter what you select!! Anyone now of a workaround for this?

I've got Photoshop CC 2018 & 2019 on my Macbook Pro and I'm not seeing this behavior either. When I right click an image, select Edit With I can select either PS CC 2018 or 2019 and it will send it to either one.

I'd suggest opening a support ticket or two.
cdc

Return to Capture One 11.x Software