Purchasing C1 PRO 11.x today, is Version 12 INCLUDED ???

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Purchasing C1 PRO 11.x today, is Version 12 INCLUDED ???

Postby NNN636736561746528603 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:35 pm

I am about to end my trial, but would like to be assured that the next release (UPGRADE to Version 12.X) is INCLUDED ?
Can someone let me know if version 12 is included with today's purchase?

Thanks!

Scott
NNN636736561746528603

Re: Purchasing C1 PRO 11.x today, is Version 12 INCLUDED ???

Postby John Doe » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:15 pm

No it's not.
John Doe

Postby Richard Seldomridge » Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:38 am

Oddly, the Capture One "buy" page does mention that the Fujifilm Pro perpetual license "Includes a FREE upgrade to next major release". However it looks like it's only for the Fuji version and not the others (which doesn't make much sense to me).
Richard Seldomridge

Postby OddS » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 am

Richard Seldomridge wrote:...However it looks like it's only for the Fuji version and not the others (which doesn't make much sense to me).

Appears to be a bundle offer specifically for the Fujifilm variant of Capture One, https://www.phaseone.com/en/Online-Store.aspx

For those who want the Pro variant I guess a 3 month v11 subscription and then a perpetual license for v12 is an alternative to two perpetual Pro licenses (v11 now, v12 soon).
OddS

Postby SFA » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:43 am

Richard Seldomridge wrote:Oddly, the Capture One "buy" page does mention that the Fujifilm Pro perpetual license "Includes a FREE upgrade to next major release". However it looks like it's only for the Fuji version and not the others (which doesn't make much sense to me).

It makes a lot of sense if you have just established, announced and released product related to a new commercial agreement with a well known and increasingly popular camera and lens manufacturer. Especially if that announcement happens to be close to the established date of a possible future release but you and the manufacturer wish to make progress with people adopting the offered software sooner rather than later.

Also, one notes, there seemed to be a lack of perpetual licence offering at the first announcement so the availability now perhaps requires some special consideration in order to make it clearly attractive (no grey areas to be chewed over endlessly in the forums) and assist the update. Probably better marketing than waiting for V12 or whatever it might be called.

It seems logical and quite reasonable to me on that basis.

Grant
SFA

Return to Capture One 11.x Software