Canon EOS R

Discussions, questions, comments and suggestions regarding Capture One PRO, Capture One PRO(For Sony), Capture One DB and Capture One Express(For Sony) 11.x for Mac

Canon EOS R

Postby Bob W. » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:29 pm

Does anyone have any idea when Capture One will be able to read raw files from the EOS R.
Bob W.

Re: Canon EOS R

Postby Ian3 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:30 am

See this thread. https://forum.phaseone.com/En/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=29082 The usual answer is that it will be ready when it is ready. Phase One always have a policy of obtaining a copy of cameras and lenses to test for themselves, and not just basing a profile on manufacturer's data.

This is just a user-to-user forum and we do not have access to information about how far down the road they currently are with providing support for the camera.

Ian
Ian3

Postby jaay » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:27 pm

If you convert the CR3 files to DNG using Adobe DNG converter 11 they will open in C1. If you then use the Canon 5D MK IV profile which is basically the same sensor you can edit the files just fine.

I am doing this with very good results - with the new RF 50mm the files are so sharp I have to turn down the default sharpeneing even at f1.2. Definitely the best 50mm lens I have ever used and overcomes the AA filter on the Eos R.
jaay

Postby Bob W. » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:25 pm

Thank you Jay. The conversion worked like a charm. I bought the camera yesterday and so far i really like the way it handles. I only bought the kit lens, but I plan to try it with my other Canon lenses in the next couple of days.
Bob W.

Return to Capture One 11.x Software